Hi everyone,

I am new to these forums. I had never heard of them before, then the guy at the store mentioned that I should check them out. A little info on me. I have had Blackberrys for the past 2.5 years, ever since I started my full time job. First I had the Pearl, with T-Mobile. I had no contract, and switched to AT&T about 6 months later and started with the 8800. The charging port broke after a year, and I wound up with the curve. I don't know whether it was AT&T service or the phone, but I hated it. after 11 months, my curve trackball went bad. AT&T swaped out the phone right there, and I got a new one. I just wasn't happy with the service the phone was getting. I am now on Verizon, and picked up the Storm.

OK, so there is my background and what brought me to the storm. So far, I like it. I am still getting used to the touch screen, and I can't really rip like I used to be able to on the Curve, but I am getting better, and all the other perks that I am experiencing make up for the slower typing.

However, compared to the Curve, Pearl, and 8800, there are several issues that I am experiencing, and I don't know if it because of the Storm or Verizon, since I am new to both.

1. I can't save pictures or ringtones that I receive as attachments. I was trying to send myself some pics and ringtones that I had on my former phones.
    2. This is the reason why I was trying number 1: When I connect my phone to my computer, and I go to the Device Manager, I choose Media. However, when the screen comes up, I am unable to open Media Manager. It is greyed out. On my old devices, I used to be able to go into this and transfer over mp3 ringtones that I created and pictures that I wanted to use as background pics.
    3. Is there a way to edit the profile so that there are only 4 buttons on the home screen rather than 8? I would just change the theme, but I haven't seen one that really struck me. I am still searching though.

Thanks everyone!!
    03-04-09 01:53 PM
    1. I can't save pictures or ringtones that I receive as attachments. I was trying to send myself some pics and ringtones that I had on my former phones.
    2. This is the reason why I was trying number 1: When I connect my phone to my computer, and I go to the Device Manager, I choose Media. However, when the screen comes up, I am unable to open Media Manager. It is greyed out. On my old devices, I used to be able to go into this and transfer over mp3 ringtones that I created and pictures that I wanted to use as background pics.
    3. Is there a way to edit the profile so that there are only 4 buttons on the home screen rather than 8? I would just change the theme, but I haven't seen one that really struck me. I am still searching though.

Thanks everyone!!
    1. Need more info here, what exactly happens when you try to download it? This should't be a problem, I do this all the time.
    2. Make sure you upgrade to Desktop Manager 4.7. I believe its actually a must for the Storm to work correctly with Desktop Manager.
    3. Yes you can. From the home screen press your BB button twice, go to options, you'll figure it out from there.
    Last edited by ls1norcal; 03-04-09 at 02:02 PM.
    03-04-09 01:57 PM
    Ok it is setup time.

1. Go to options>>>Memory make sure media card support is on encryption off mtp on mass storage support on auto enable yes then hit the bb menu key once and save
    2. will be answered by number 1
    3. From the home screen hit the bb menu button 2 times and go to options you will see the home screen layout have fun...
    03-04-09 01:58 PM
    Hi everyone,

I am new to these forums. I had never heard of them before, then the guy at the store mentioned that I should check them out. A little info on me. I have had Blackberrys for the past 2.5 years, ever since I started my full time job. First I had the Pearl, with T-Mobile. I had no contract, and switched to AT&T about 6 months later and started with the 8800. The charging port broke after a year, and I wound up with the curve. I don't know whether it was AT&T service or the phone, but I hated it. after 11 months, my curve trackball went bad. AT&T swaped out the phone right there, and I got a new one. I just wasn't happy with the service the phone was getting. I am now on Verizon, and picked up the Storm.

OK, so there is my background and what brought me to the storm. So far, I like it. I am still getting used to the touch screen, and I can't really rip like I used to be able to on the Curve, but I am getting better, and all the other perks that I am experiencing make up for the slower typing.

However, compared to the Curve, Pearl, and 8800, there are several issues that I am experiencing, and I don't know if it because of the Storm or Verizon, since I am new to both.

Thanks everyone!!

#1 and #2 maybe this http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/mas...e-mode-138265/

#3 http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/les...screen-159672/

As far as themes check this one out I love the 4 icon today but I am using the glass theme he sends when you donate.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f131/ap...ck-out-157873/

Hope this helps

Darn it you beat me to it
    03-04-09 02:01 PM
    hi and welcome to crackberry/verizon/storm!!

1. i had the same problem when i tried to send over ringtones from my old phone.. couldn't get it to do it. guess it's different extensions. i may be wrong.
    2. you can set it so you don't have to use device manager to transfer mp3's or pictures.
    options>memory>Mass Storage Mode Support> set it to "ON"
    then you can just drag and drop files into your media card.
    3. tilt your storm to landscape and click on BB button then "options" and under "SET HOMESCREEN LAYOUT" you can change it to "1 row"

hope that helped out a bit... enjoy!
    03-04-09 02:02 PM
    Ok, I was able to fix #3. Thank you everyone for the fast responses.

"1. Go to options>>>Memory make sure media card support is on encryption off mtp on mass storage support on auto enable yes then hit the bb menu key once and save"

I did that, and I still do not seem to be able to get the Media Manager to work. I have the 4.7 software.

I was able to load everything from the computer though, so I guess my problem is fixed. I appreciate everyone's help and speedy responses. Thank you
    03-04-09 02:17 PM
    glad we were all able to help. search among the numerous threads in this forum to find out more about your storm. i didn't like it at first.. but now i don't think i can do without!
    03-04-09 02:19 PM
    Yea, it is definately growing on me
    03-04-09 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD