10-10-08 09:22 AM
    nobody is going to have any money left by november 2nd. they should release it so we less responsible people throw our money at it.
    10-10-08 09:40 AM
    Hey I can't access YouTube at work. What's the gist of the video?
    10-10-08 10:03 AM
    Check out the main page. the vid is embedded.
    10-10-08 10:04 AM
    ditto.......
    10-10-08 10:04 AM
    Check out the main page. the vid is embedded.
    Heh... at Der Federal Government they have the whole YouTube domain blocked.
    10-10-08 10:13 AM
    I highly doubt they will release the phone on a Sunday????
    10-10-08 10:17 AM
    The video is shot from a bad camera phone and it's just showing a screen which appears to be an internal VZW document. The document has a line for "Blackberry Storm" and under the column "launch date" it says "11/02".

Take it for what it's worth. Really no news here because that date has always been expected, but no one trusts it until VZW publicly commits to it.
    10-10-08 10:20 AM
    I doubt they will release it on a Sunday, too; but i hope they do!

Obviously there's always going to be new phones in development so my question is, can any blackberry get the new OS updates? So could Storm 2 OS be applied to the original storm?

I think I could live without Wi-Fi if they added that to Storm 2, but if they added a better browser and Flash, that'd be harder to swallow. Thanks.
    Last edited by petschska; 10-10-08 at 10:23 AM. Reason: can't spell
    10-10-08 10:22 AM
    The video is shot from a bad camera phone and it's just showing a screen which appears to be an internal VZW document. The document has a line for "Blackberry Storm" and under the column "launch date" it says "11/02".

Take it for what it's worth. Really no news here because that date has always been expected, but no one trusts it until VZW publicly commits to it.
    Thank you sir.
    10-10-08 10:22 AM
    haha.. top post made me laugh! what site do you think uploaded that to youtube?

Original Post here:

Rumors Roundup: Microsoft to Buy RIM (again?), New Super BlackBerry, Verizon Storm Launch Date & Bold Delays | CrackBerry.com
    10-10-08 10:29 AM
    I can't see a Storm 2 and 3 coming out that quickly. It would **** a lot of people off if they bought a Storm in November, then Storm 2 was out in February, followed by a Storm 3 in May... I'm not doubting they're in production, but to wait for a second or third generation just because a second one MIGHT be coming out... that's stupid. I mean, people waited for the 2nd Gen iPhone, and that had more problems than the first one did.

My guess is if there is a Storm 2, it will be out in, or after, November of 2009.
    10-10-08 10:30 AM
    My fault Kevin, I didn't bother to look to see who posted it. oooppppppsssssss!
    10-10-08 10:32 AM
    Is verizon known for releasing phones online or thru tele sales first before it's available in stores like other vendors?

So would 11/2 be the date where it's available online/phone first?
    10-10-08 10:35 AM
    My guess is if there is a Storm 2, it will be out in, or after, November of 2009.
    I agree, but I'm a flip phone user right now, and I could get by for another year just using that for the device that gets it right for me. I rather wait than be frustrated with a device that can't do what I expect of it.
    Last edited by petschska; 10-10-08 at 10:36 AM. Reason: -
    10-10-08 10:35 AM
    Is verizon known for releasing phones online or thru tele sales first before it's available in stores like other vendors?

So would 11/2 be the date where it's available online/phone first?
    I know I got the LG Dare by ordering it online 5 days before the official release date. And it was 1 day shipping, so I had it the day after I ordered. So if 11/2 is truly the official in-store release, I can see it being sold online and through telesales around Oct. 28-30th.

Again, just guesses.
    10-10-08 10:40 AM
    I highly doubt they will release the phone on a Sunday????
    Why is it so hard to believe they may release a phone on Sunday? Think about it, more people than not are off of work on Sunday, more of a chance to have people waiting in lines to purchase the phone... I would have thought Saturday maybe, but who knows?
    10-10-08 10:44 AM
    PEOPLE!!

Look closely at that video - this is a video of the same training schedule that was here on CB a few weeks back. Note the headings of the columns, the section headings "on-line" and "instructor lead"...
    10-10-08 10:53 AM
    just wanted to point out what I point out on the original post under the video....

Now, despite what the above videos/image show, MY BEST information at this time actually pegs the release date around to be on either November 8th or 9th. So we'll see how this pans out.
    10-10-08 10:56 AM
    That seems realistic to me. Sat/Sun to get more people at the doors. Few days after the election to let things wind down.

Wish it was earlier, but it makes sense.
    10-10-08 11:01 AM
    You guys are all wrong. That date is correct, but what you fail to realize is because VZW is owned by a European company, the format of the date is day/month. With means it's not 11/2, but really 2/11. You won't get it until Feb. 11.
    10-10-08 11:10 AM
    just wanted to point out what I point out on the original post under the video....

Now, despite what the above videos/image show, MY BEST information at this time actually pegs the release date around to be on either November 8th or 9th. So we'll see how this pans out.
    I'm not familiar with VZW releasing phones. Would any of these dates be the day it is in STORES or the date it's available first online/phone?

Thanks.
    10-10-08 11:29 AM
    PEOPLE!!

Look closely at that video - this is a video of the same training schedule that was here on CB a few weeks back. Note the headings of the columns, the section headings "on-line" and "instructor lead"...
    You're exactly correct. I just went back and verified that the "VZW10741" was the course code on that training schedule. Nothing new here...
    10-10-08 11:31 AM
    nobody is going to have any money left by november 2nd. they should release it so we less responsible people throw our money at it.
    Find some old phones and do the blackberry trade in program and get a check from them to buy one - :P
    10-10-08 12:51 PM
    You're exactly correct. I just went back and verified that the "VZW10741" was the course code on that training schedule. Nothing new here...
    the shots on the video, though, show a course start date, course end date, and a release date. according to the source, the release date has been marked as TBD until now, which shows 11/2... however this could be release date WEEK ? releasing the WEEK of 11/2?
    10-10-08 01:08 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD