Evening,

New member of these wonderfull forums here although I have had a browse through them in the past.

A couple of years ago I had a blackberry 8800 I think it was. But I didn't really have the need for it so I moved it on and have been using "other" phones. Sony Ericssons etc.

After breaking my Sony yesterday on impulse I have bought a Blackberry 9500 Storm from ebay.

It is on the vodafone network, however I am on the o2 network which I want to continue using.

I see you can get an o2 tarrif for blackberrys so i will call them and change to that, but what about the fact that it is on vodafone and locked to vodafone.

It will come with a turbo sim, will that allow me to use it on o2 straight away? or will further unlocking be required. Will I still get a fully functioning storm using the turbo sim or will things not work. I have read stories of phone calls and text messaging working but that email/internet/data won't which sort of defeats the object of having it.

Thanks in advance.
    07-27-09 12:01 PM
    By the way I am in the UK if that makes a difference.
    07-27-09 12:04 PM
    hi,
    my wife has an unlocked curve on o2 in the uk as i have a storm on t-mobile, with your o2 you will need to add the blackberry bolt on, if your contract is over �30 then you get the bolt on free as one of your extras, this will include free internet access too, with out the bolt on you just have a plain phone and texts
    07-27-09 12:34 PM
    just to add it is quite easy to unlock the storm from voda and so just use your sim card from o2
    07-27-09 12:35 PM
    cheers,

Whats the best way of getting it unlocked from vodafone?
    07-27-09 12:36 PM
    mine came unlocked when i got it on ebay, but a lot of people recommend unique phones site...
    07-27-09 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD