Hey guys I JUST got back from the Storm launch event.....empty handed . Anyways, I got to mess with the phone for awhile and randomly asked some guy what he thought of the phone cuz he seemed really into it (taking pictures and such). Turns out it was Marc from BGR and he was doing a live blog of the event on his Iphone.

When he told me he was from BGR I was like wow, you guys have gotten a lot of criticism on the boards.

I have to say though, the phone WAS very buggy and I had to agree with a lot of what he was saying. The Verizon reps who were showing the phones had to keep covering themselves when the phones were acting up and saying "This is just an early version, it will be fixed by release".

On the other hand, I really liked the phone and felt if the bugs were fixed, I'd definitely get one.

After we checked out the phones Marc was telling me how he thought the Storm has come along way since he used it before but it is still not acceptable. I then gave an idea that we should go check the version and it ended up being 4.7.053 in the about section of the phone. The Verizon reps weren't too happy that he was taking a lot of pictures cuz they prolly knew he was gonna trash it haha. Either way, it was open to the public and they should have had a more stable version to show off.

I got some pictures outside but decided to put my camera back in the car since I didn't think we could bring it in. Either way, BGR has some good pics that make mine useless anyways.

By the way, the screen looked great and the typing was really cool/not too hard to get down.
    10-30-08 03:37 AM
    Holy crap, after reading this post I headed over to BGR which I stopped reading because of all the comments and nasty postings. It is no different. First page of comments are nice.. then page 2 - 6 are 90% people bashing BGR and his sidekick (Marc) lol... wow. I would hate to run a blog that got trashed constantly.
    Last edited by someone; 10-30-08 at 05:52 AM.
    10-30-08 05:37 AM
    Holy crap, after reading this post I headed over to BGR which I stopped reading because of all the comments and nasty postings. It is no different. First page of comments are nice.. then page 2 - 6 are 90% people bashing BGR and his sidekick (Marc) lol... wow. I would hate to run a blog that got trashed constantly.

yes however.... being trashed at your opinions may not be fun but remember at least there not making there opinions on being trashed =)

If its there opinion its there opinion there being honest with themselfs =()
    10-30-08 06:11 AM
    yes however.... being trashed at your opinions may not be fun but remember at least there not making there opinions on being trashed =)

If its there opinion its there opinion there being honest with themselfs =()
    I am pretty sure that would destroy them if they started getting into the flame wars.

(p.s. their and themselves)
    10-30-08 06:14 AM
    Does anyone know what the latest version of the OS is now?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-08 07:03 AM
    well heving played with on his hands on review 4.5.051

I would also conclude that this may be an older more used device that has been used everywhere. Also how long did people use it before? Alot of people that don't know how to use the phone smacking on it and pressing the screen to hard and destroying it could be done pretty easily.

I'm not saying the device is perfect, but the one I used hasn't had any of the issues, however I also had an env for 2 years almost before replacing it with a berry, and never had an issue, but I have seen people replaced it 5 times. So might have been a few funked up models!

Also BGR and Verizon aren't the best of friends, so anything they post **Truth or non truth** will always come with a little bit of a bias edge, but information is information, and it's good to have a negative opinion every once in awhile.

All in all I wouldn't put a lot into the report, it's possible for many reasons they got a bad product, the newest software messed up more than it fixed **been there done that**, or that it was just that bad period. There are 95% positive reviews, and 5% negative, **not exact just pointing out the fact that most people have positive impressions with more hands on time in a better enviroment** So that should tell us all something, .

Even Kevin loved the phone, and he is as honest as they come without much of a bias, contrary to what some would think... **cough www.crackberry.com Un-cough**
    10-30-08 07:39 AM
    I am pretty sure that would destroy them if they started getting into the flame wars.

(p.s. their and themselves)
    their, their, they're, and themselves
    10-30-08 12:19 PM
    By the way. I tried to push down on the screen hard enough to where it gets discolored and it was pretty hard to do. So those of you worrying about it doing that really shouldn't worry too much.
    10-30-08 06:01 PM
    oh you have to be kidding me. This sh*t is really pissing me off, i gotta tell you.

within 2 weeks of a launch (assumed, because they wont tell us a damn thing about it officially) and they dont have a stable OS?? WTF does that tell us?

The reality is that i was bleeding to get this phone, and now im hesitant to buy it at launch regardless of date due to the many reports of unstable features. I will now wait for a few customer reviews.

I seriously doubt this phone will be ready for store release within 2 weeks. Just my opinion, i dont see how its posible.
    10-30-08 06:39 PM
    their, their, they're, and themselves

haha yes I get used to using spell check so often.... that when I don't it is really bad!
    10-30-08 06:40 PM
    Probably a lot of BGR's traffic is generated from their blogs getting bashed. If that wasn't the case I'm sure the amount of people checking it would be far, far less.
    10-30-08 07:23 PM
    Does anyone know what the latest version of the OS is now?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    4.7.0.58 per Crucial
    10-30-08 07:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD