So I went into a Verizon store about 30 mins ago and played with a storm for about 10 mins.

It was neat. However, I have never had a blackberry or an iphone but am going to choice one in the next week.

Here is what I got. The response on the blackberry is a bit slow...when you click on something it takes a few secs for it to pop up. Also, when you rotate the device it is slow to switch orientation.

I still don't know what to choose because my wife gets a Verizon discount and the network is suppose to be better.

However, I wish the blackberry had more apps like streaming radio (for my train ride).
    11-19-08 07:38 PM
    The software is being updated on Friday, meaning it will be much faster.
    11-19-08 07:40 PM
    What software version was it?
    11-19-08 07:40 PM
    .65 i assume
    11-19-08 07:43 PM
    Honestly I have no idea. I"m not very techy!

The worker was updating the one next to me but I'm not sure if he had already updated mine.

I'm worried that this device won't have many apps I would like to see..oh well

Also, if you use yahoo messenger on here will it count as text messages? Someone mentioned it would earlier.

He did say there is no chance to get one on Friday but you could sign a contract today and you could get one on Sat.
    11-19-08 07:47 PM
    i was playing wit a storm also........ it was pretty cool cause i thinkin man this iz gonna be da first blackberry i get!!!!! lol but the response is pretty good, the camera looked way better than the iphone(in my opinion), the internet OS was kool it was like i was lookin at the safari OS, but then i relized dman this iz a blackberry lol but over all i was so stoked, and since yesterday i couldnt get this freakin phone out my head!!!!!!!!!!! i cant wait nemore!!!!!!!!!!!
    11-19-08 07:58 PM
    Yahoo messenger would use data, not texts.
    11-19-08 08:02 PM
    it will be better then the iphone just get it .
    11-19-08 08:20 PM
    I also just got back from checking out a demo unit at the local Corp store. It was running version .65 and was a bit sluggish, but not unbearable for the 5 minutes that I held it. Didn't get much time with it and my main concern was the QWERTY keyboard as I am coming from an enV, which has a keyboard that I love.

The only other item of note was that the keys located towards the edge of the screen did require a slight bit more effort to activate than those located towards the center of the phone.

As this will be my first BB, I was pretty unfamiliar with the UI and menu system so unfortunately I cannot comment on much else. I figure I have all day at work on Friday to familiarize myself with the unit.
    11-19-08 08:28 PM
    So I went into a Verizon store about 30 mins ago and played with a storm for about 10 mins.

It was neat. However, I have never had a blackberry or an iphone but am going to choice one in the next week.

Here is what I got. The response on the blackberry is a bit slow...when you click on something it takes a few secs for it to pop up. Also, when you rotate the device it is slow to switch orientation.

I still don't know what to choose because my wife gets a Verizon discount and the network is suppose to be better.

However, I wish the blackberry had more apps like streaming radio (for my train ride).
    There are several choices for streaming radio for BB's. Just do a search. If you need to be able to stream radio, that should be a reason to get a BB. Not a reason to shy away from it. Heck, read the front page of Crackberry.com, there's another choice for streaing radio, among many...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-08 08:36 PM
    it will be better then the iphone just get it .
    According to who, you? It's a preference. I can say a Moto Razr is better than a Storm, and according to me that will be true because it's my preference. The Storm will be a great phone for certain people, and the iPhone for others. It works that way with every product.
    11-19-08 08:36 PM
    what is the app for BB storm that will stream radio stations?
    11-19-08 08:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD