noob is really only the tech version of greenhorn or rookie. Its going to be used often no matter what.
    Oh ok that was my next question as to what it meant. Oh well I guess I'm in that category
    11-18-08 01:08 AM
    well read up and you wont be!
    11-18-08 01:12 AM
    well read up and you wont be!
    your a noob your self hahahaa jk.. so am i lol
    11-18-08 01:15 AM
    oh i know. This will be my first blackberry! haha I just pretend to know the answers... i think i sound pretty convincing though
    11-18-08 01:19 AM
    lol thats the way to do it lol .
    11-18-08 01:20 AM
    Some of you are very misinformed. lol
    11-18-08 06:51 AM
    No "genius, YOU are wrong. While I was there, I also had another rep show me the option to DOWNLOAD UPGRADE on her Curve. I SAW THE OPTION SO STFU !!!!
    Both of my BB's have the wireless upgrade option but they DO NOT WORK......
    11-18-08 07:06 AM
    I got something to say about the post count if I went back and added up all the posts on all the forums of tech related sites phones,computers, games whatever do you know how many posts It would be probably a rediculous amount.

I am not saying that im smarter then anyone or anything but a post count on a specific forum doesn't mean a dang thing

Its just that the word "noob" in general has been turned into this major internet term and its used way to often.
    In my honest opinion, the amount of posts that you have doesn't mean a thing. Someone could have been using BBs for years and know just about everything there is to know about them. Then they make their first post on Crackberry. Many will label them as a "newbie", but in all actuality, they probably know more than most people on here. Did that make any sense ?

Someone may be a Crackberry newbie, but that doesn't mean they are a Blackberry newbie.

Dod Gamn LABELS !!!!!
    Last edited by Strhessed; 11-18-08 at 08:31 AM. Reason: 1
    11-18-08 08:07 AM
    My take on noob status 2 things amount of posts but also look at what phone they have. How can someone that has let's say 200 posts but owns a dare be credible? Or for that matter a winmo device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-08 08:18 AM
    leave it to cx to call ppl out and not tell use who lol.

i can see cx sitting back laughing everytime he reads these forums. IF he's allowed to get to them from work it probably makes his day go by just a little bit faster.
    11-18-08 10:08 AM
    From what I've been told:

Noob = Internet Slang for newbie. Newbie originally was applied to new recruits who fresh from training had an incorrect grasp of how things worked in the "real world", away from training camp. Basically they lacked experiance.

I'll be the first to admit I'm a BB & Crackberry Noob.
    I could post 1000 posts a day until friday and I'd still be a noob.
    I too need the experiance
    11-18-08 01:50 PM
    i figured i could trust the information from verizon website, half reps i talk to arent even educated on release date

True, very true, I went into a store last night, not my normal store, but still with trained verizon reps, and they said it would be out NEXT week lol
    11-18-08 02:04 PM
    No offense to CX, because I respect him, but some people on here put him up on a pedestal like he's God.

If so.... that makes civic a '' GODDESS"...LMAO!

P.S.... Civic are you going to get the Storm?
    if so why....if not I understand why...hahahha

Don't stress y'all its also these kind of discussions that gives that LMAO...juice to it.
    11-18-08 03:25 PM
    Nobody can ever give the OS version.
    11-18-08 03:30 PM
    Nobody can ever give the OS version.
    I heard that the VZW internal support page for the Storm says, "Current Software Version: 4.7.0 Release 86"
    11-18-08 03:45 PM
    The Storm we have as a Demo in the store right now only has .65 os on it and we should be getting word by tomorow afternoon about the update so dont worry its coming.
    11-18-08 03:50 PM
    So..friday finally all of the VZ customers and going to be customers are on and get the Storm the've bin waiting for.....

While I'm waiting for that ''free at last'' call from Vodafone.nl

They haven't published a date of release and the latest news is that friday a launchparty kicks of the release.

And ur in the U.S.A. think you got it bad....

but I know 1 thing for shure....that I'm gonna be a CRACKBERRY GENIUS once I start firing my Q-Gun...LMAO.

I hope vodafone.nl took lessons from the UK release and owners review.
    11-18-08 04:09 PM
    I just played with a .65 version from a Verizon rep. He said he believes this is what will ship, but another update will be available OTA probably by Friday.

I asked if BES is required for OTA updates and he said 'no'.
    11-18-08 04:23 PM
    I heard that the VZW internal support page for the Storm says, "Current Software Version: 4.7.0 Release 86"
    I hope so.
    11-18-08 04:24 PM
    This is what the crackberry forums are like now (before storm's release)

And this is what they will be like after the storms release.
    Heres what people will be like after the storms release:

11-18-08 06:58 PM
    ...Heres what people will be like after the storms release...
    I don't care ya are. That's funny, right there.

-SR-
    11-18-08 09:12 PM
146 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD