I have loaded and been using OS: .86 since it came out the other night. Not had a single problem with is so far.(knock on wood) There is one thing I have noticed though. My scrolling in my sms/mms box doesnt scroll with a flick or a drag like action like everything else and like I thought it has before the upgrade.. I dont really know what it is or even if it could be OS related? It's farly difficult to explain but maybe you get the drift.. Anyone else having this issue??
    01-13-09 01:08 PM
    Not sure I do get the drift but it definitely seems like software/os related. Cant be anything else AFAIK.

Have you tried the typical remedies like a batt pull? How many messages do you have? Try deleting your messages and see how it fares from there.
    01-13-09 01:12 PM
    Yeah I use quickpull every morning when I wake up so I have a fresh start to the day so its been through 2 or 3 so far but I delete all my messages every night and they tend to build up through out the day but I have noticed that it really doesnt matter how many I have. But get this, I just noticed this now I have been playing with it, When I first open SMS/MMS I can pull it up to view messages that were before but I can use the arrows to go down and then I can pull it with my fingers to go back up to the newest messages but I can not use my finger to go to previous messages or older ones.
    01-13-09 01:38 PM
    Sorry, but Im having a hard time understanding what you wrote. Did this happen on other OSes too?
    01-13-09 01:41 PM
    I noticed when I updated to .86 that when I highlight my sms messages to delete them it only wants to highlight whats visible on the screen. Meaning I can't flick my finger down to highlight everything I want to delete. Before it would scroll down nice and smooth. Now it seems like its fighting the scroll.
    01-13-09 01:51 PM
    I noticed when I updated to .86 that when I highlight my sms messages to delete them it only wants to highlight whats visible on the screen. Meaning I can't flick my finger down to highlight everything I want to delete. Before it would scroll down nice and smooth. Now it seems like its fighting the scroll.
    Okay at least there is 2 of us that has noticed this.. Sorry for making it hard to understand!!
    01-13-09 01:58 PM
    I'm having the same sort of problem with email / SMS/MMS messaging scrolling on .86. It almost seems like you're "locked" on that page of messages. Try to "flick" up, and it doesn't go. I can flick two or three times and it still won't scroll. I tap on a different message, and it's able to scroll up/down like it should.

Aside from that, and the first half day or so of the constant red/blue LED blinking, .86 is great.
    01-13-09 02:33 PM
    See I haven't had that problem with the LED, seems like thats a pretty common bug.
    01-13-09 03:47 PM
    See I haven't had that problem with the LED, seems like thats a pretty common bug.
    I did a battery pull and it fixed it --- but was still strange seeing a purple flash of light coming from my phone.
    01-13-09 04:47 PM
    After upgrading to .86 had all kinds of scrolling issues. Downgraded back to .75 problems gone.
    01-13-09 04:58 PM
    After you press the sms button, it won't start scrolling. You have wait for about 2 seconds, then it will work, which sucks. Between this and the blue led blinking issue. it is now enough for me to downgrade firmware.
    01-13-09 05:51 PM
    I saw the SMS/messages scrolling bug right after upgrading to .86 -- I'm living with it - like one of the replies said, it goes away after a couple seconds...
    01-13-09 09:10 PM
    Same issue here, it is non resposive to scroll thou i can select messeges showing on the screen.
    01-13-09 09:12 PM
    You can also add me to the list of scrolling issues. I was about to start a thread about it but decided to search first, low and behold I found this thread...search def is our friend
    It has only happened in the SMS/MMS inbox like yours also...scrolls perfectly find thru contacts and emails. It seems to happen only when Im trying to scroll from top to bottom, not from bottom to top
    01-14-09 10:28 AM
    This is a bug in .86.
    01-14-09 10:54 AM
    Yeah, I just noticed this scrolling issue this morning. Hopefully they put a fix out soon.
    01-14-09 11:10 AM
    yeah, this sucks. Otherwise the os seems more solid than .85
    01-15-09 01:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD