or does RIM have too many new blackberries in development. I feel that if they cant get one OS right for their first touch screen BB that they shouldnt be just releasing new BB's or developing new BB's

They spend more time coming up with dumb code names rather than providing a stable OS for the storm.
    03-17-09 09:05 AM
    New Operating systems don't make money new models do.....sadly

03-17-09 09:14 AM
    or does RIM have too many new blackberries in development. I feel that if they cant get one OS right for their first touch screen BB that they shouldnt be just releasing new BB's or developing new BB's

They spend more time coming up with dumb code names rather than providing a stable OS for the storm.
    I'm pretty sure the people that work on the hardware and the people that work on the software are not one in the same..therefore they can work on new hardware while the kinks in the OSs are being worked out....

(I would also guess there are many different OS teams...4.5, 4.6, 4.7 and 5.0)
    03-17-09 09:14 AM

And therein lies both the truth and the problem. They have your money already.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-09 09:20 AM

yea but if the phone had a more reliable os, that would in return bring more money to the phones as a whole.
    03-17-09 09:24 AM
    yea but if the phone had a more reliable os, that would in return bring more money to the phones as a whole.
    not necessarily. The phones that are in "development" are more of an extension of previous models that have been a "success". While it benefits them to keep making the OS of the Storm better, new models are what pay the bills. With new features (that either the old one's lacked, or are up and coming). Look at it this way. You can still buy the Razr, but do you want to? Nope....
    03-17-09 09:42 AM
    I understand you but in contrasting this problem...

Which would you rather have. A phone with a more reliable OS, or a phone with updated features. Personally, if the phone is a piece of ****, but I know I wont have problems with it. Ill take the POS anyday.
    03-17-09 10:05 AM
    I agree with the OP's statement. RIM is making way too many handsets trying to compete with the other makers of smartphones and they are just digging themselves a grave. I mean, WTF is that Gemini thing on the front page right now? Come on RIM, concentrate on a few phones only so that their build quality is top notch like in the past.
    03-17-09 10:12 AM
    I agree with the OP's statement. RIM is making way too many handsets trying to compete with the other makers of smartphones and they are just digging themselves a grave. I mean, WTF is that Gemini thing on the front page right now? Come on RIM, concentrate on a few phones only so that their build quality is top notch like in the past.
    EXACTLY, id rather them concentrate on making what they already have the best it can be rather than making so many phones, cuz lets be serious for the millions of people that have yet to touch a BB, and actually read forums and stuff like this, there gonna se all the bugs and shy away from using a BB, and then thats going to make them lose more money in the end
    03-17-09 10:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD