Just left the Corp store here in Morristown TN trying to find out about how early I should be there. They were willing to take all my info and put me on their list till they found out i was upgrading. They had a district meeting last night and because they will only be receiving between 5 and 25, all existing customers will have to wait and only new customers can get them. I will be heading 40 miles down the road to the other district since it is so close. BTW Manager will be in the store at 5:30am to monitor the line.
    11-20-08 11:44 AM
    That's some real horse**** right there if this is the case.
    11-20-08 11:45 AM
    It's just smart marketing on their part. AT&T was doing the same crap with the Bold a couple weeks ago and probably still are at some locations. The people currently with others carriers are who they really want bad. I doubt you'll have much trouble getting your hands on one if you shop around.
    Last edited by Brandon26pdx; 11-20-08 at 11:49 AM.
    11-20-08 11:47 AM
    Yep, I've talked to three stores in my area and each one told me the same thing. "Friday sales will only be for new customers, but we will be glad to order one for you." Interesting business philosophy - alienate your current customers in exchange for new customers who will be gone as soon as AT&T gets a cooler phone.
    11-20-08 11:48 AM
    wow thats just ridiculous...

a bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush.
    11-20-08 11:50 AM
    Contact the BBB in your area, that is highly illegal..

It is comparable to you waiting in line on black friday to buy a TV, but being turned away since you already have one and the person behind you doesnt.
    11-20-08 11:52 AM
    I would call customer service, ask them why people who don't Verizon are getting priority before people who do and have been loyal to them and tell them if they don't hand you a storm by Friday evening you will cancel yours and potentially other family or friends accounts. They should comply
    11-20-08 11:53 AM
    Thats pretty weak on their part, but I usually avoid Corporate stores at all cost. I just get better service at indirect stores. Of course this has to go store by store cases, but I've had nothing but unpleasant trips to Corporate Verizon stores.
    11-20-08 11:56 AM
    Thats pretty weak on their part, but I usually avoid Corporate stores at all cost. I just get better service at indirect stores. Of course this has to go store by store cases, but I've had nothing but unpleasant trips to Corporate Verizon stores.
    On the contrary, every experience with a non-corporate store is all nickle and dime. I went in with a friend once and they wanted $20 to order him a replacement phone (which was still under warranty), they told him that they guarentee the phone being shipped back to Vzw and that Verizon doesnt even offer replacement phones in store lol
    11-20-08 11:59 AM
    just got off the phone with telesales rep. After explaining to her what happened, she contacted the store directly, since i left the the store there shipment has come in and they only received TWO. There policy has changed now and when the store opens at 8am they will be handing out tickets for a drawing and the lucky two will be able to purchase them. The rep will be calling me at home at 7am to place my order for Saturday delivery by noon. (worth the 20 dollars).
    11-20-08 12:54 PM
    just got off the phone with telesales rep. After explaining to her what happened, she contacted the store directly, since i left the the store there shipment has come in and they only received TWO. There policy has changed now and when the store opens at 8am they will be handing out tickets for a drawing and the lucky two will be able to purchase them. The rep will be calling me at home at 7am to place my order for Saturday delivery by noon. (worth the 20 dollars).
    If true, that is some serious BS.
    11-20-08 12:56 PM
    This seems kind of foolish on Verizon's part. They're not looking at the big picture. People leave companies for less. The public is fickle and easily agitated. You have to figure that if a person's "NE2" is up, they are also pretty close to the end of their contract. My contract is up in December, and while I am currently a Verizon customer, pissing me off is just going to send me out the door.
    11-20-08 01:11 PM
    i am going to be pissed if i wait in line starting at 3 am and then i have to wait in a ****ing drawing to get my phone .. i will blow up
    11-20-08 01:16 PM
    i am going to be pissed if i wait in line starting at 3 am and then i have to wait in a ****ing drawing to get my phone .. i will blow up
    Your waiting in line at 3am?
    11-20-08 01:30 PM
    at least you will have the benefit of feedback from all the east coasters who get to play guinea pig to the stock problems. sometimes that 3 hour west coast lag time can be good
    11-20-08 01:32 PM
    On the contrary, every experience with a non-corporate store is all nickle and dime. I went in with a friend once and they wanted $20 to order him a replacement phone (which was still under warranty), they told him that they guarentee the phone being shipped back to Vzw and that Verizon doesnt even offer replacement phones in store lol
    Like I said, store by store.
    11-20-08 01:42 PM
    Just got off the phone with my local store in Cincinnati, OH...they said they WOULD be selling to customers who are eligible for an upgrade. I'm sure this is a store-to-store issue.
    11-20-08 01:43 PM
    The ones here in the Bay Area are not allowed to do that. I called the 12 local VZW stores and all said they have 25-40. All depending on the size of the store.
    11-20-08 01:47 PM
    Either call or stop by. I think it's like franchise store and corporate own they set there own rules.
    This is bad. I have been a customer even before they were called VZW....do you folks remember Bell Atlantic Mobile?

I wouldnt stand for that! Call CS and complain, they will jump through hoops for you if you threaten to leave.
    I was getting the same answers here in Central Texas. I called CS and got more of the same. I was not a happy camper. I e-mailed Lowell McAdam CEO and I got a phone call today from his office. They at HQ were shocked that this is the way the stores were treating current customers. The President of Verizon in Texas, Luis Cruz had a broadcast e-mail sent out that it is first come first serve regardless of the customer status, i.e. NE2, etc.
    11-20-08 01:58 PM
    i will be stopping by my local VZW store today to see if they have a storm i can mess with and ask them how many they are getting. if they give me crap about not selling me one because i will be upgrading lol..thats fine i will just tell them alrighty i will go home call your corporate office tell them what you said and since i am upgrading because my contract is almost over i will just go buy an iphone....of course i dont want an iphone and have no intentions of getting one but it should get a fire under verizon eitherway.

not letting you have one because its upgrading with NE2 its stupid. you could jeave just as well as the new person could walk in to switch to VZW..stupid.
    11-20-08 02:16 PM
    if you are waiting in line at 3 am, you got bigger problems than verizon does
    11-20-08 02:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD