I loved my Curve but bought the Storm not because it was perfect but because of the potential. My first Storm bought before Christmas had the click issue, but I added felts pads and it was perfect. Also, the switch between portrait and landscape was slow so I upgraded to .85 which fixed that but I had to pull the battery so much may plastic case broke.

Why am I telling you this? Well I got a small scratch on the screen (That hunting knife thing is BS, they scratch) and is started to turn int a crack so I turned it in to Verizon. They shipped me out a new Canadian model.

It got here on 1/10/2009. Folks, its perfect. No need for business cards, felt pads, or .85. .75 is awesome, and the click is perfect. I'm posting this so that if some of you have one that is not perfect- get one.

Dont settle for a phone that you have to stuff business cards it. RIM must be working days and night on the Storm because it is night and day better than the one from just a couple weeks ago....

(Sorry so long but I'm a long time Berry user and I'm happy that RIM is back on track)
    01-11-09 02:16 AM
    What's the build date on the box of your new one? I'm still on my first Storm and it really is an amazing device.
    01-11-09 02:22 AM
    The Knife thing isnt BS, maybe you havnt thought of this maybe it wasnt a scratch maybe a hairline crack. But glad to hear you got a good unit.
    01-11-09 02:26 AM
    yeah that knife thing is not bs i won't tell you how i know but its not
    01-11-09 09:14 AM
    Nice to have a good Storm in your hands, huh blackbeard; join the line of satisfied customers.
    01-11-09 10:46 AM
    Ha. I got my Blackberry storm on Christmas. It had a dust problem, a click problem, and REAALLLY slow Software. i loved it, though until it drove me crazy. I got a new one yesterday and there's no dust, the screen is tighter and clicks perfectly, and everything is super fast! This is a great phone. I don't see why people don't like it.
    01-11-09 03:08 PM
    What about any light leaking through?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-09 03:30 PM
    i returned my phone today and i am 1 satisfied customer! this is my 3rd 1 ... the 1 i have no is made in canada as well
    01-11-09 07:44 PM
    So the Key is to get a Canadian Built Storm !!??

I guess I will be visiting Verizon this week.

My issues are minor ( memory leak, sometimes slow flip movements )

But the prospect of getting a storm that works like it was intended is to good to pass up..

BTW I have a Backup storm to test Themes & software on
    (Thanks to a clumsy waiter, a spilled glass of water, and my insistence that the Manager buy me a replacement regardless if it worked after it dried or not)

Looking forward to making new themes & applications !!!!
    02-22-09 04:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD