Hi Folks-
    i just got my storm this afternoon, I have been waiting for my upgrade date to finally get here. Well I got the storm and the stickers where all off of it when I got it from my retail store and the screen protector was off too. THe screen had a couple bad scratches on it and a few hair scratches. What do I do. I noticed them there and when I said something they just blew me off. I dont think I can call in and get a new one because my screen was scratched when I bought it can I? Thanks
    02-12-09 12:09 AM
    **** yes you can! And if they give you any problems speak to a supervisor. Don't let them get you...that's unacceptable!
    02-12-09 12:11 AM
    And you let them blow you off why? You walked out the door w/ that phone WHY? .. That doesn't really make sense..
    02-12-09 12:12 AM
    I don't want to sound cocky, But why would you leave the store with a damaged (NEW) phone. I would have never accepted it. So the best advise I can give you is go back to the store and talk to the manager and give him the reps name that lew you off, and hope for the best. I don't know if calling verizon will help, I can see them telling you what I just did, and they have no proof that the phone was scratched at the time of purchase or you did it. Good Luck I hope it works out for you. And welcome to CB.
    02-12-09 12:16 AM
    why in gods name would you leave with a messed up phone.
    02-12-09 12:22 AM
    30 day garentee. Call Verizon and tell them the situation. You will get a replacement quick. More then likley a new one.
    02-12-09 12:52 AM
    Well I just called and they told me to call the original store. If they wont do anything call back and they would go from there.
    02-12-09 08:18 AM
    You definitely can exchange that. You shouldn't have even left with that one. It sounds like they knew they were giving you a messed up one and they are trying to unload it.
    02-12-09 08:19 AM
    Who is your carrier? I know with Verizon you can bring any phone back withing 30 days if you're not happy. You don't even need a reason...
    02-12-09 10:11 AM
    Doubtful the screen is scratched, probably just the screen protector is scratched. Take off the screen protector from the phone.
    02-12-09 10:20 AM
    Who is your carrier? I know with Verizon you can bring any phone back withing 30 days if you're not happy. You don't even need a reason...
    Pretty sure it is 14 days, but I could be wrong...
    02-12-09 10:45 AM
    I too must say I would not have accepted that phone out of the gate. I would have definitely demanded that they retrieve another one.
    02-12-09 10:54 AM
    I am with Verizon. There was no screen protector in it. He said he accidently removed it when he took the stickers off it. They have a 30 day return but he told me it was best within 14 days. I am taking it back tonight after work.
    02-12-09 11:41 AM
    dont let them hold you down .... lol
    02-12-09 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD