I just got my 9530. I connected it to media manager... it updated it from .75 to i think .148 automatically but one problem... when it was done updating it i have no browser on my phone for some reason... i downgraded it... still no browser... when i press the "application switch" button on my browser i can go to it but its nowhere on my homescreen or menu or sub menus... so i know its installed... how do i get it back on my menu?

Also what is the best FW to use with the storm? i was on youtube and the guy was talking about a hybrid FW he got from the crackberry forums? whats the best to use?
    06-08-09 01:04 PM
    Re-register your unit through the Host Routing Table under Settings.
    Last edited by BlackBerryBob; 06-08-09 at 01:08 PM.
    06-08-09 01:05 PM
    To get the browser back:

Battery Pull

Register Host Routing Table Options>Advanced>Host Routing Table>BB Key>Register Now.

Edit: as for the FW, .148 will do ya just fine. If you are interested in a hybrid, you can find those in the beta OS forum.
    Last edited by michaelwpg; 06-08-09 at 01:10 PM.
    06-08-09 01:07 PM
    I just got my 9530. I connected it to media manager... it updated it from .75 to i think .148 automatically but one problem... when it was done updating it i have no browser on my phone for some reason... i downgraded it... still no browser... when i press the "application switch" button on my browser i can go to it but its nowhere on my homescreen or menu or sub menus... so i know its installed... how do i get it back on my menu?

Also what is the best FW to use with the storm? i was on youtube and the guy was talking about a hybrid FW he got from the crackberry forums? whats the best to use?

How To: Re-send Service Books,and Register Your Device On The Network

edit...removed for dual post sorry all
    06-08-09 01:09 PM
    ya just battery pull and resend service books should be good
    06-08-09 01:49 PM
    If you are interested in a Hybrid I would highly recommend Lyricidal's .148/5.0 or .148/.151/5.0 hybrid. You can follow the link in my sig to the thread.
    06-08-09 03:41 PM
    If you are interested in a Hybrid I would highly recommend Lyricidal's .148/5.0 or .148/.151/5.0 hybrid.
    IMO recommending hybrid and experimental OS to a new user is not the smartest of ideas. Let them find their way with basics first
    06-09-09 08:01 AM
    IMO recommending hybrid and experimental OS to a new user is not the smartest of ideas. Let them find their way with basics first
    Point taken Branta. OP asked about hybrids so I gave him/her my recommendation on one to look into. I would hope that he/she did a good amount of research and reading prior to experimenting with hybrid OS installs.

Good looking out.
    06-09-09 01:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD