I dont get people on here that are giving up on their devices this quickly. Its like they dont realize that its brand new and that there are a countless number of updates to come. If you are that impatient to wait for updates then why would you even get it when it first came out? Just like the Iphone when it came out, you had to know it was going to have some issues. Actually I think the Iphone had waaay more problems when it first came out. Maybe its just me but i dont think there is that much wrong with the OS that is installed now besides the accelerometer being a bit slow (if you consider 1 second slow, which i really dont). All im tryin to say is everyone who is hating just needs to step back and realize that this is just the beginning of a truly great device.
    11-25-08 12:33 AM
    Time is money for a lot of people - Especially power CBers. People who use BBs in the corporate world cannot afford for these bugs on a daily basis, whether you deem them as "minor" or not. Productivity is everything in the corporate world.

Even for those non corporate folks who are now using the storm, will find these issues to be annoying during day to day use.

People expected this phone to be as good, if not better than the current BBs out on the market, right out of the box.

It is irrelevant to point out that the iPhone had some if not more issues out of the box than the Storm does. That's not the point.

In the end, however, this is what makes us all different. And everyone is of course entitled to their own opinion. If you like it, so be it. Its just simply not going to be a good fit for some, and that's something you have to accept. No big deal.

Michael

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by mconk; 11-25-08 at 12:45 AM.
    11-25-08 12:41 AM
    I totally agree with that, if someone doesnt like it fine. i realize its not for everyone, but there is no need to bash it and say it sucks, because it definitly doesnt. Even with the minor bugs its still (in my opinion) better than any other touch screen on the market today.
    11-25-08 12:50 AM
    i agree no need t bash. i dont understand why people be the 1st to jump in line to get one and then begin to bash it. PEOPLE RELAX! its new and u should know by jumping to be the 1st one to get it its gonna have bugs. sit back and wait for the updates. otherwise when things release sit home wait for a few months till its all resolved and then go out and buy it. stop crying
    11-25-08 12:55 AM
    i agree no need t bash. i dont understand why people be the 1st to jump in line to get one and then begin to bash it. PEOPLE RELAX! its new and u should know by jumping to be the 1st one to get it its gonna have bugs. sit back and wait for the updates. otherwise when things release sit home wait for a few months till its all resolved and then go out and buy it. stop crying
    EXACTLY!!!!
    11-25-08 01:01 AM
    Time is money for a lot of people - Especially power CBers. People who use BBs in the corporate world cannot afford for these bugs on a daily basis, whether you deem them as "minor" or not. Productivity is everything in the corporate world.
    IMO, if this is the case, they shouldn't be looking to get a Storm because A) it's a brand new device and may have some kinks, and B) it's designed more with a consumer orientation which brings NOTHING to the table for a business user. In 6-12 months time, these might be non-issues, who knows.

Even for those non corporate folks who are now using the storm, will find these issues to be annoying during day to day use.

People expected this phone to be as good, if not better than the current BBs out on the market, right out of the box.
    That may be true, but what I don't get is the people who have returned the phone within 24 hours of getting it. How could you possibly give it a proper evaluation in such a short period of time? If your particular phone had some kind of manufacturing defect, that's one thing, but plenty of people returned it simply because it wasn't exactly like their old phone, only better. Interestingly, that seems to be the same reason most of the reviewers are knocking the phone, only you just replace "old phone" with "iphone" or "jesus phone".

It is irrelevant to point out that the iPhone had some if not more issues out of the box than the Storm does. That's not the point.
    I agree, and wish people would shut up about the jesus phone already. I've only played with one briefly, while trying to help a friend of the family figure out why her daughter's phone wasn't syncing with iTunes anymore. Her jesus phone gave absolutely no error message like, "iTunes 4.8 or higher required" or "Please update your copy of iTunes", it just refused to communicate. I updated iTunes just on kind of a hunch, and that did the trick. For the most part, the jesus phone seems to be oozing style, but rather lacking in the substance department. BBs seem to be something of the opposite... The possibilities are a bit overwhelming, but the presentation is like a highly technical lecture on some really boring subject.

In the end, however, this is what makes us all different. And everyone is of course entitled to their own opinion. If you like it, so be it. Its just simply not going to be a good fit for some, and that's something you have to accept. No big deal.
    Amen, and I would again like to ask for a total moratorium on people posting their own little mini-reviews as if any of us gave a crap. Pro or con, I don't care, just stop cluttering the bloody boards with it. Put it on a personal blog where you're only going to bother close friends and family.

It's just a cell phone, and a cell phone is merely a tool when you get down to it. Any given tool will work beautifully for some tasks, and be a complete failure at others. So the Storm might be a resounding success or utter failure for you all based on what you try and do with it. But it's not a screwdriver's fault that it doesn't work well as a hammer, it's the ***** trying to use a screwdriver as a hammer that's at fault.
    11-25-08 01:20 AM
    to the OP: good post I been saying this the whole time. They can return there storm if not happy so I dont know why the choose to keep it and just complain. when the 14 days is up, I bet they will say. "OH NO my 14 days pass now Im stuck with it. WAAAAA WAAAAA!!! lol!!
    11-25-08 01:43 AM
    Yeah seriously no need to bash if u choose to be a prosumer and get things right when they come out u are going to have to face issues that kate adopters don't face. I think this is a awesome phone with some flaws buy awesome upside.

11-25-08 01:51 AM
    Its usually people that are resistant to change. They probably use computers that are about 4 years old and only change when they HAVE to upgrade.
    11-25-08 01:56 AM
    typing is a chore, takes me like 3 times pressing hard just to answer a call, corners dont press well, etc, etc
    11-25-08 01:59 AM
    All im tryin to say is everyone who is hating just needs to step back and realize that this is just the beginning of a truly great device.
    Heck yes! When i bought mine, some dude was getting a storm to replace his iphone that hit the wall a few times. His exacts words were "I hate this p.o.s. phone" i laughed and said "me too". Anyways, like all new devices they just need to give it time.
    11-25-08 02:01 AM
    what happened the whole "early adopter" idea? arent early adopters always expected to deal with a few bugs? why is the storm different?

**** the first iphone didnt even have 3g.... that was a huge penalty for being an early adopter.
    11-25-08 02:06 AM
    I type 120 wpm, without looking, on a regular keyboard. On a blackberry with regular qwerty keys, I'm also pretty darned fast. I ordered the Storm via telesales and got the proverbial heave-** on Friday morning, i.e., no Storm for me until December 5th. I opted out of my order and headed to Verizon to try the thing out in person. I'm glad VZ ran out of phones. I'm sure that the Storm will appeal to a large group of persons; however, if your main focus is emails, documents, and more than just casual typing, this is NOT the phone for you. As much as I hated to leave Verizon after 12 years, I went to ATT and got the Bold. I am very happy with my new phone and think that BB should stick to what they do best--awesome phones for the business person. The storm seems to appeal more to the teeny bopper set.
    11-25-08 02:38 AM
    Unbelievable....
    11-25-08 03:10 AM

Michael

Exactly. The GSM version should've come out on ATT at the same time as the Storm came out on Verizon and the bold and Niagara should've released simultaneously. The Storm is way too consumer oriented for big business types right now. in the future it'll be faster, more efficient, etc. but for now it is what it is....a consumer phone with business options.
    11-25-08 03:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD