Off topic voyager rebooting getout here I went thru 5 voyagers they all rebooted that's why I bought the storm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-09 09:49 PM
    I ordered my storm from a store the week after the phone came out and if you lightly shake the phone you can feel the screen is loose and moves around, so I called CS today and they are sending me a NEW storm because I am still within the 30 days. I did not have to go into a store but the lady on the phone asked me if I had gone into a store to get it checked out and I just told her yea but they were extremely busy with the holidays and I couldn't wait an hour for tech support. That's all it took and she gladly ordered me a new phone.

She said they had to charge my account for a new phone and when they get the replacement back they will credit it back to the account...has anyone else had that happen? And she said if they determine the screen isn't loose or if they determine I caused the screen to come loose they will not refund the phone. I thought hearing this was odd?

Yeah I had the same thing when I called, they said i'd have to pay and then get it credited back. The tech guy said I should go to a store and have them either exchange it out or have them order it, because if they did it I wouldn't have to pay the charge either way as they would file as a return instead, or something of that nature(can't remember exactly what he said). So he then located a corp store near me and checked if they had any in stock, which they did and they swapped out in 10 minutes.

The only odd thing I found was when I told her I wanted a replacement, she was like ok i'll have to order it for you and have it sent in two days and I was like, uh CS told me you guys had 18 in stock. She said that vzw had taken back part of the shipment and reserved them for replacements(not sure what that was about) and then when she tried to do the computer work to order a replacement, she was like "oh, i see why they sent you here, brb" and came back with a new one and activated it and I was on my way. I was like, "uh, ok thanks." Still confused, but oh well got a brand new one.
    01-01-09 10:39 PM
    Wow. Now that makes me want to look at the date mine was made. Thanks for the heads up

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-09 11:05 PM
    I bought mine at a Best Buy in a neighboring town and had to go there 3 times because they wouldn't believe me about my problem and claimed to have fixed it.
    01-01-09 11:18 PM
    I'm on my 2nd Storm and I am soooo loving it! But getting the 2nd Storm was a pain.

My first Storm was purchased in Costco Kiosk. I first reported the problem that my screen seemed too loose and rattled often to an official Verizon center, not a kiosk in a mall or Costco. For some reason the rep just didn't believe me. Telling me that the Storm is normal for the screen to move around as such. My other concern was how slow the accelerometer was reacting. My thought was that because may be the screen wasn't up to par that the accelerometer may have been impaired in the process. I didn't like the way the rep simply patronized me as though my concerns were mental.

Anyhow, a couple of days goes by, reading online about the clicking/non-clicking issue on here, and texting... i started to notice i would miss typing the 'a' in landscape mode. Then I noticed there was no clicking near the four bottom buttons. From the reading, I did the card behind the battery and noticed a distinct improvement. So I decided to go to the Costco kiosk instead. I showed her the difference between having card and without the card. Afterward, the rep called up Verizon and then got patched to Blackberry's rep. I did all of the necessary items to get a new phone and here's what the BB rep said, "the clicking should be the same depression and response EVERYWHERE on the screen." The BB rep told the same thing to the Coscto Rep, and the rep gave me a look of surprise. The Costco rep said to me, "it's supposed to be what she says?". I got my new phone days later when new shipment came in. I am so indebted to the Coscto rep for going on the phone and contacting everyone for me. (note: the BB rep inquired where I bought my phone and was glad to know I was already there.)

Bought on Dec 21. Reported replaceable on Dec 26. New phone on 31. The new phone depresses down equally everywhere and get this... no rattling! And not surprisingly, the accelerometer works better (could be my imagination, but it does). I don't like VZ much, but glad I bought my Storm at Costco.
    01-02-09 01:17 AM
    I just got back from my local VZW store. The lady that was supposed to be the tech looked at my phone like she'd never seen one before! I tried to explain and demonstrate the click issue I was having and she just didn't get it. She took my phone and compared it to a coworker's phone and said they clicked the same, barely any click on the end near the hard buttons and same on opposite end. She then something about the fact that I was still in my 30 days and trailed off from there. If I wanted to return it that's exactly what I would've done. The phone tech I spoke to on Thurs is supposed to call me back on Wed and check on my visit, I guess I'll tell him I wasn't satisfied and see where that takes me. Do they not train their techs so they have a little knowledge of all the phones?

Thanks for listening
    01-02-09 08:46 AM
    Ok, so I just gt back from the VZW store with my new storm. Here's how the morning went. I first called Tech Support again to try and have them send me a phone via mail but the Rep said that he could but there is a chance that it would be a "Certified like new" Storm, I quickly said that I don;t want that lol. So he was nice enough to call my Store near me and verify that they had a NEW Storm and asked them to hold it for me. So I made some time in my day to swing by there and pick it up. When I arrived I just gave them my name and they looked it up. They did ask to run some test on it to see if they could find out what was making the screen not click and the cause of the powering off. 3 mins later the Tech comes out and says "During the test it powered off so we'll get you your new phone now" lol gotta love when it craps out on the tech!..All in all I'm glad that I was able to get a new phone today so I cant complain one bit, now lets hope this one pans out or atleast craps out before my 30 day warrenty is up

Review: So far, the phone clicks like my old one did when I "first" got it (verrry nice) when I click on the screen to bring up all the icons and scroll down it scrolls alot smoother and it doesnt lag between screens.

For anyone that cares, it's another Mexico storm PRD-19502-002 just like my old one and the number above where it was made is 241208 so 12-24-08 maybe?

Edit: Also the screen wiggle isnt there as much. It goes side to side a little bit but not up and down. My last Storm moved in all directions very easily before doing the torx repair.
    thanks to everyone for their advice, I appreciate it!
    Last edited by Cane2020; 01-02-09 at 02:29 PM.
    01-02-09 02:25 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD