Hello everyone, happy New Year!

I just got off the phone with CS about my Storm and how the "click" gets stuck and wont release when I let up on the screen. He said that he would glady assist me on my problem, then he goes "where did you get this phone"..I said, at a store in my home town. He goes "Oh, well since you're in your 30 day warrenty, you have to go back to that store to replace it"

The one thing I was trying to avoid was going into a store because I dont have alot of free time and they always have to run these stupid test just to tell me what I already knew, plus, they'll probably think the screen clicks fine, just like with my voyager and it rebooting but since it didnt do it infront of them they thought I was lying. Grrrrr I guess it's a good thing I didnt buy it out of state, sheesh. My question to anyone is, have any of you purchased a Storm at a store and had to replace it and if so, did you do it over the phone or did you have to go back to the store you pruchased it at? Also, will they try to give me a refurbished phone? Because that's not happening since I just purchased this phone about 3 weeks ago I'm just trying to avoid confrontation because I get pissed really easily lol.
    01-01-09 06:14 PM
    You don't have to go to the store for replacement just call back and ask for Blackberry Support and explain to them what the deal is they will take care of you....
    01-01-09 06:18 PM

I just got off the phone with CS about my Storm and how the "click" gets stuck and wont release when I let up on the screen. He said that he would glady assist me on my problem, then he goes "where did you get this phone"..I said, at a store in my home town. He goes "Oh, well since you're in your 30 day warrenty, you have to go back to that store to replace it"

The one thing I was trying to avoid was going into a store because I dont have alot of free time and they always have to run these stupid test just to tell me what I already knew, plus, they'll probably think the screen clicks fine, just like with my voyager and it rebooting but since it didnt do it infront of them they thought I was lying. Grrrrr I guess it's a good thing I didnt buy it out of state, sheesh. My question to anyone is, have any of you purchased a Storm at a store and had to replace it and if so, did you do it over the phone or did you have to go back to the store you pruchased it at? Also, will they try to give me a refurbished phone? Because that's not happening since I just purchased this phone about 3 weeks ago I'm just trying to avoid confrontation because I get pissed really easily lol.
    No, you'll get a brand new device. I've see hundreds and hundreds of the devices lately, and all since Dec 3rd that I've seen are perfectly fine. No screen click problems, buttn problems, etc. The software still needs to be updated(it will come with .75) but there will be more updates soon. Hope this helps.
    01-01-09 06:18 PM
    I had the exact same issue, except the store wouldn't replace it. They said I had to call VZW tech and have one shipped to me (which they did - it arrives tomorrow). But admittedly, that store has pretty bad customer service and I've learned that I should stop going to that one. lol

I hope CX is right about the newer phones. I've read differing opinions about whether there was some manufacturing change that is correcting the mechanical issues for the more recently produced phones. Some say there is no evidence that RIM has changed anything on the newer phones and others (like CX above) say that more recent phones are improved.

I'm gonna hope CX is right. After all, he usually is about these things... ;-)
    01-01-09 06:25 PM
    You don't have to go to the store for replacement just call back and ask for Blackberry Support and explain to them what the deal is they will take care of you....
    My bad I didnt include that they transfered me to Tech support. Thats what the Tech Support guy told me, that I had to go back to the store I purchased it from since it's still in the 30 day warrenty..This is really frustrating!
    01-01-09 06:25 PM

I purchased mine on the first available date through Telesales. It was made in Canada and it had the same problem yours does (the screen not releasing back when clicked). I called CS and received a replacement built 12/11/08 in Mexico and it has worked flawlessly ever since.
    01-01-09 06:31 PM
    I purchased mine on the first available date through Telesales. It was made in Canada and it had the same problem yours does (the screen not releasing back when clicked). I called CS and received a replacement built 12/11/08 in Mexico and it has worked flawlessly ever since.
    I have a feeling I'm the only one that was told this. Maybe I should call back in a little while and insist that they do the replacement over the phone. I just dont want them telling me that I just called about this and the answer is still the same.
    01-01-09 06:36 PM
    The software still needs to be updated(it will come with .75) but there will be more updates soon. Hope this helps.
    01-01-09 06:37 PM
    I called cs today also. I talked to tech support and got pretty much the same story. Go to local store even tho I purchased mine on the internet. I hate dealing with the local stores!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-09 06:40 PM
    Why are you confused? You can use the leaked .85 update, which is available on this forum, or wait until more updates are released.
    01-01-09 06:41 PM
    I called cs today also. I talked to tech support and got pretty much the same story. Go to local store even tho I purchased mine on the internet. I hate dealing with the local stores!

Yep and the one thing I hate the most is the look they give when they think you're lying about the problem. I just cleared some time tomorrow morning to go to the store and get the run around lol. I'll post back on this thread to let everyone know how it went..

Wish me luck
    01-01-09 06:47 PM
    Yep and the one thing I hate the most is the look they give when they think you're lying about the problem. I just cleared some time tomorrow morning to go to the store and get the run around lol. I'll post back on this thread to let everyone know how it went..

Wish me luck
    Cane, I work in a VZW call center and I can tell you that even though you purchased the phone at a store, the rep you spoke to is supposed to do "Tier 1" troubleshooting. If the issue isn't resolved, the rep is supposed to send you to Tech Support for further troubleshooting, and if still not resolved to send you out a replacement phone. There are people that simply don't live near a corporate store with a technician and the rep you spoke to was not doing their job. Customer Service had reduced hours today and closed at 5:00 pm, but you can call them after 6:00 a.m. and be able to speak to CS and Tech Support and have either the issue resolved or have a replacement sent.
    01-01-09 06:53 PM

Wish me luck
    I bought my Storm at a store on launch day and have received 1 replacement with a second replacement on the way. Both I got by calling *611. No one ever even suggested I go to the store.....its all about who you talk to, which is insanely annoying that they have no rhyme or reason to what they tell their customers.
    01-01-09 06:58 PM
    I talked to both cs and tech support today! Tech support told me to go to the local store.

01-01-09 07:00 PM
    Cane, I work in a VZW call center and I can tell you that even though you purchased the phone at a store, the rep you spoke to is supposed to do "Tier 1" troubleshooting. If the issue isn't resolved, the rep is supposed to send you to Tech Support for further troubleshooting, and if still not resolved to send you out a replacement phone. There are people that simply don't live near a corporate store with a technician and the rep you spoke to was not doing their job. Customer Service had reduced hours today and closed at 5:00 pm, but you can call them after 6:00 a.m. and be able to speak to CS and Tech Support and have either the issue resolved or have a replacement sent.
    Vulcan, From the beginning of the conversation I told both reps that I had a screen that was getting stuck after I pushed it in, They didnt even once ask to do a troubleshooting test on my phone. The first agent said "let me send you to Tech support, then the Tech support gave me the "Gotta go to my store since youre in your 30 day warrenty " line and that was that.

So youre saying to call them back in the morning? I was thinking of doing that before I head off to the store anyways but didnt want to hear "Sir we already told you we cant do it over the phone"

anyways, thanks for the info Vulcan.
    01-01-09 07:04 PM
    I live on Long Island and brought my broken Storm to a store in NYC...they replaced it after I showed them how much the screen danced around.
    01-01-09 07:05 PM
    I bought my Storm at a store on launch day and have received 1 replacement with a second replacement on the way. Both I got by calling *611. No one ever even suggested I go to the store.....its all about who you talk to, which is insanely annoying that they have no rhyme or reason to what they tell their customers.
    I'm sorry, but I had to pay full retail for my Storm as I wasn't eligible to upgrade. There is NO WAY Verizon was going to give me the "run around" for a $544 phone. I told them (nicely BTW) to either replace it, or they were going to get it and my other phones back along with my account cancellation. I expect software glitches with a new phone that can be fixed with updates, but I will not accept any hardware glitches on a device that cannot be fixed with an update.

Call back until you get satisfaction! You are the customer, you are paying the bill. By all means be polite and respectful, but firm and resolute. My second Storm was built in Mexico on 12/11/08 and works like a charm.
    01-01-09 07:17 PM
    Vulcan, From the beginning of the conversation I told both reps that I had a screen that was getting stuck after I pushed it in, They didnt even once ask to do a troubleshooting test on my phone. The first agent said "let me send you to Tech support, then the Tech support gave me the "Gotta go to my store since youre in your 30 day warrenty " line and that was that.

So youre saying to call them back in the morning? I was thinking of doing that before I head off to the store anyways but didnt want to hear "Sir we already told you we cant do it over the phone"

anyways, thanks for the info Vulcan.
    Tell me how it turns out for you Cane. Politely remind them that you were hoping for "first call resolution".

I also need to call about mine. Its having issues with the camera - after I snap the picture it is in black and white. I found however, when I go into the SD card its actually been taken in color. They can't direct me to a store since I'm on an employee plan.
    01-01-09 07:19 PM
    I'm sorry, but I had to pay full retail for my Storm as I wasn't eligible to upgrade. There is NO WAY Verizon was going to give me the "run around" for a $544 phone. I told them (nicely BTW) to either replace it, or they were going to get it and my other phones back along with my account cancellation. I expect software glitches with a new phone that can be fixed with updates, but I will not accept any hardware glitches on a device that cannot be fixed with an update.

Call back until you get satisfaction! You are the customer, you are paying the bill. By all means be polite and respectful, but firm and resolute. My second Storm was built in Mexico on 12/11/08 and works like a charm.
    Anytime I talk to a VZW rep I'm always very polite and I have never experienced anything less in return. I'll give them a call back either tonight or tomorrow morning and see what kind of answer I get.

BTW, my box doesnt say a manufactored date but someone said its numbers right above where it says "handheld made in Mexico" which reads 091208 which means sept 12th 2008 lol, I think I have the first BB storm, must have been lost in the warehouse.
    01-01-09 07:28 PM
    Tell me how it turns out for you Cane. Politely remind them that you were hoping for "first call resolution".

I also need to call about mine. Its having issues with the camera - after I snap the picture it is in black and white. I found however, when I go into the SD card its actually been taken in color. They can't direct me to a store since I'm on an employee plan.
    Ok, will do Vulcan..Thanks again!
    01-01-09 07:31 PM

i think it means december 9 2008...i dont think they were in production in septemeber
    01-01-09 07:32 PM

i think it means december 9 2008...i dont think they were in production in septemeber
    lol you would think.
    01-01-09 07:38 PM
    I ordered my storm from a store the week after the phone came out and if you lightly shake the phone you can feel the screen is loose and moves around, so I called CS today and they are sending me a NEW storm because I am still within the 30 days. I did not have to go into a store but the lady on the phone asked me if I had gone into a store to get it checked out and I just told her yea but they were extremely busy with the holidays and I couldn't wait an hour for tech support. That's all it took and she gladly ordered me a new phone.

She said they had to charge my account for a new phone and when they get the replacement back they will credit it back to the account...has anyone else had that happen? And she said if they determine the screen isn't loose or if they determine I caused the screen to come loose they will not refund the phone. I thought hearing this was odd?
    01-01-09 09:18 PM
    Anytime I talk to a VZW rep I'm always very polite and I have never experienced anything less in return. I'll give them a call back either tonight or tomorrow morning and see what kind of answer I get.

BTW, my box doesnt say a manufactored date but someone said its numbers right above where it says "handheld made in Mexico" which reads 091208 which means sept 12th 2008 lol, I think I have the first BB storm, must have been lost in the warehouse.
    That would be Dec. 09, 2008.
    01-01-09 09:26 PM
    they are wanting people to goto the stores to get them replaced because a lot of people sent their storms back with no problems at all because they wanted a " new " build revision, good luck just my 2 cents
    01-01-09 09:37 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD