Ok, I just got back from purchasing my STORM - No what? Update OS? It came with .75 installed..

Which way do I go? Looking for help from some of you storm vets..

As always Thanx in advance for your help..
    01-18-09 01:23 PM
    Just play with it, if happy then don't install leaks OS and just wait for official releases. Check that your screen click properly and your buttons are not falling off. The more you use it the better you'll get on the typing.
    01-18-09 01:27 PM
    I strongly suggest not updating your OS yet. Give it a few days, maybe a week or 2 even. Get used to your phone. Read the manual and the forums. You'll fall in love with it! Every time you have a question, use the "search" function and search the forums for the question. 99.9% of the time, it's been asked and answered. You'll be an expert real soon that way.

Welcome to CB!
    01-18-09 01:27 PM
    I agree with the others, I would def wait until you upgrade it. And read the upgrade threads first so you know what bugs you could get.

If it works fine with the OS it currently have, I personally would only upgrade to an official release, esp if you havent had experience upgrading leaked versions before (although I see you had a curve, so you may have plenty of experience).
    01-18-09 01:36 PM
    I strongly suggest not updating your OS yet. Give it a few days, maybe a week or 2 even. Get used to your phone. Read the manual and the forums. You'll fall in love with it! Every time you have a question, use the "search" function and search the forums for the question. 99.9% of the time, it's been asked and answered. You'll be an expert real soon that way.

Welcome to CB!
    Excellent advice!
    01-18-09 01:39 PM
    Now get a screen protector! Haha.
    01-18-09 01:41 PM
    read the manual! about 98% of the things people ask on here are covered in there
    01-18-09 01:44 PM
    Congratulations. I would suggest reading ppls feedback on the different leaked OS, it's what i've done. I have decided for right now to stay on the .75. my phone is has to be relatively stable for work, so the risk isn't worth it based on what i've read.
    01-18-09 01:44 PM
    Congrats on your phone. Enjoy it and if you have issues, come back and search
    01-18-09 01:45 PM
    Go read the tip and trick thread too.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ul...s-only-100612/

And go here for apps and get WeatherBug! Follow the links on your Storm's browser.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/bl...thread-107305/
    01-18-09 01:48 PM
    Just play with it for a bit see how you like it, your storm that is.
    01-18-09 01:51 PM
    Thanx for the advice thus far.. I hated to give up the Curve but after reading all the Storm reviews I made the conscious decision to give it a try..

I had a screen protector on my curve and once I removed the protector it went sticky on me.. This all touch screen is different.. hahahah
    01-18-09 01:52 PM
    Ok, I just got back from purchasing my STORM - No what? Update OS? It came with .75 installed..

Which way do I go? Looking for help from some of you storm vets..

As always Thanx in advance for your help..
    Congrats on the new storm. I'd just paroose the forums and find my own path.
    Trial and error- everyones storm works differently and I've tried tons of apps and different combos and still haven't found my perfect set up- though I am close. Just play with it... that's all part of the fun!
    01-18-09 01:55 PM
    If you do decide to upgrade I probably wouldnt recommend .86 I had it but reverted because it wasn't worth the hassle.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-09 01:56 PM
    I have updated all the leaked OS's and have gone back to the last official release from Verizon each time. Take a few weeks and play with it. If you have any questions along the way there is plenty of info here!! Congrats....
    01-18-09 02:16 PM
    I decided to stay with .75 as well. I've been lucky, with none of the real problems others have had with .75.

I look forward to some of the speed improvements and the transparent camera controls, but I'm cool far now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-09 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD