After looking and trying out all of the Blackberry's for the past month and a half, I settled on the Storm.

For the last month or so, I have also been lurking around the forums here, and have been quite impressed with all of the great advice and information you all have presented.

With that being said, I want to ask you all, from a noob Blackberry user, if you had to pick a couple of "must have" apps for the Storm, what would you guys suggest?

I have read about many apps on this site and others, and just wanted your perspective.
    01-31-09 02:52 PM
    Congratz on your first BB. The Storm was my first as well. The apps i have on my phone are YouTube, Facebook, SoftReset, BuzzMe, Slacker Mobile, and Opera Mini. I also have a couple games to show off like the Accelerometer Demo, all of the apps I have are free.
    01-31-09 02:58 PM
    Welcome!!!!!!!
    01-31-09 02:59 PM
    Welcome to the BB community!

Quicklaunch
    Trapster
    Opera Mini (Generic Advanced MIDP 2)
    Slacker or Flycast
    Viigo
    Weatherbug
    Facebook (if you use that)
    Nav4All
    1.: Congrats, right decision.

2.: a) instango
    b) logmaid
    c) talklock
    d) viigo
    Depends on what your interest are. I am not a MySpace/Facebook person, so those were gone for me and I don't watch sports, so no ESPN or sports-related stuff.

I've used some apps you can find on the 3rd Party Apps sub-forum that are good.

Google Maps
    Nav4All
    Trapster
    Quick Pull (not working for me on .90 though )
    You Tube (battery killer if not closed properly)
    Messaging programs

I have used those and they worked on all platforms so far and they're free. That's always the best part. But whatever your interests are, there are tons of people on here that can help and provide direction as to where to get them. As always, Search is your friend.

Welcome!
    01-31-09 03:04 PM
    Viigo (#1)
    Trapster
    Stormlock/screenlock etc
    CB Web launch ap :-)

Def the most useful as of right now, for me.
    01-31-09 03:07 PM
    You're addiction is just beginning.

I'd recommend apps but I don't really use any on my storm, although I will recommend aerize alerts as a must have, I have it on both my storm and my bold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-09 03:07 PM
    Welcome buddy!

StormLock
    QuickLaunch
    QuickPull
    Flycast
    Viigo
    Facebook
    Aim (if you use)
    Google Maps
    Google Sync (for wireless ota if you want)
    Youtube

The first three I listed are must have, the rest are good additional apps.
    01-31-09 03:08 PM
    Wilkommen!

Have:
    Stormlock
    Facebook
    AIM
    Viigo
    Storm Level Pro
    CB Launch

Have used but deleted:
    Weatherbug
    Talklock
    YouTube
    01-31-09 03:12 PM
    IK we're all talking about great apps for our Storm, to aid the newbie; But, are there any "movie time/showing" apps for the storm?
    01-31-09 03:12 PM
    Welcome to CB and congratulations on your first BB.

Some of the apps that I suggest are:

QuickPull (simulates a battery pull)
    WeatherBug (gives current temperate and weather along with a 10 day forecast; you also need to keep BBMaps if you plan to use this)
    CaptureIt (allows you to take screenshots)
    Nintaii (a fun block game to keep you occupied)
    Any of the messaging apps if you use them

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-09 03:31 PM
    thanks, everyone. I appreciate it greatly, and am happy to be in the brotherhood lol

I also bought my wife her first BB. Got her a Curve. She thinks I was just doing it to be nice... all of us here know I just wanted a second toy to play with :-D
    01-31-09 07:37 PM
    thanks, everyone. I appreciate it greatly, and am happy to be in the brotherhood lol

I also bought my wife her first BB. Got her a Curve. She thinks I was just doing it to be nice... all of us here know I just wanted a second toy to play with :-D
    lol. thats exactly what I would've done lmfao
    01-31-09 07:44 PM
    I too am now only three days into my first BlackBerry experience. I am a ex-pat Win Mobile power user. The IT Natzis at my company force marched 2k+ users to the BB platform. My smartphone is my key productivity tool and have invested countless hours tuning it to my particular needs. I admit that I enter your world with a bias born in forced complience.

Understanding the inevidable, I've been lurking on CB since early December in hope of at least gaining enough grounding in the BB world as to not shock out and to make some good inital decsions. I feel I owe this membership a debt of gratitude and thanks. I have never seen a site / forum so broad, well rounded and well partisipated. It has made my transition and device selection very much easier.

I feel like I'm learning to walk again. So, I'm putting on my asbestos long johns and jumping in!

Thanks again to all the member, moderators and contributers at CB.
    01-31-09 07:52 PM

lulz ... now you gotta crack them both out with the latest leak lol.
    01-31-09 07:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD