THIS IS AWESOME! Thank you so much for taking the time to do this and to post it here. I was so frustrated at not being able to get JL_Cmder to work (even with CX's instructions in another thread. That's a first for me!) I was having to go to my laptop (running Vista 32bit) and use the JL_Cmder and come back to the PC (only because that's where I'd downloaded the last to OS leaks) in order to accomplish everything.

Thanks again and I hope this does get stickied!
    02-01-09 08:31 PM
    Im a technology I D 10 T and I could figure it out and make it work. Thanks for the help.
    02-21-09 01:06 AM
    nice fix ^^
    saved my *** even though it's not a recent post (i used the search button zzZOMG!!)
    02-25-09 03:40 AM
    Dude awesome! I tried CX's version of the 64 bit and i followed his way to the T and did not work....I tried this and it worked perfectly! TYYYYYYYYYY
    04-20-09 04:51 PM
    Worked for me by just running it from the program files folder. Didnt do anything after installing...and yes im on 64bit vista.
    04-20-09 05:06 PM
    this works great thanks OP
    05-19-09 08:25 PM
    YOU'RE THE MAN! awesome job! top notch! =D
    07-02-09 05:31 PM
    Okay, myself like all of you who are trying to use jl_cmder and vista 64 bit may run into issues with CHOICE.EXE saying something about 16bit no supported and what not.

I have a 32bit version (which works with a 64 bit OS) which i will attach for all of you. Simply delete the 16bit version out of the directory and replace it with the 32 bit found on this thread, run jl_cmder and voila! No error.

I have confirmed this works, as I just did it successfully on mine. Do not run jl_cmder as admin, set compatibility to xp sp2 and it should work.

Here is the new version: RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

HOW TO:

1. Download jl_cmder from JL_Cmder Javaloader Utility Non Installer
    2. Extract contents
    3. Download MY version
    4. Replace CHOICE.COM with the my version of the file.
    5. Rename my version extension to CHOICE.COM (thanks minigts for the catch!)
    6. Right click JL_Cmder.cmd and choose properties
    7. Click compatibility tab and check Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
    8. Click OK
    9. Run JL_Cmder.cmd
    10. Then proceed as normal found here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/
    That's all fine and dandy, but there is no "compatibility tab".
    07-11-09 08:32 PM
    This worked great for me.

THANK YOU!!
    07-19-09 08:09 PM
    also works on win 7.... just to let people know
    07-19-09 09:12 PM
    Hey...i really need this urgently if you can do me a favor...i don't have a RapidShare Account and for some reason RS is telling me that i can't get it coz there's another download happening from my IP and i know there isn't but the fact is that i need this file urgently and could you please email it to me or upload it to mediafire or something that i can access it quick and easy please?

my mail is ali.sneakydee (at) gmail.com
    if you could attach it for me it'd be fantastic....
    cheers
    07-24-09 02:04 AM
    Hey...i really need this urgently if you can do me a favor...i don't have a RapidShare Account and for some reason RS is telling me that i can't get it coz there's another download happening from my IP and i know there isn't but the fact is that i need this file urgently and could you please email it to me or upload it to mediafire or something that i can access it quick and easy please?

my mail is ali.sneakydee (at) gmail.com
    if you could attach it for me it'd be fantastic....
    cheers
    Are you still in need of this file?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 08:54 AM
    gotta say thanks alot. I hate using crackutil to wipe, i did a so called "file system wipe" and my phone booted up no prob. all it did was reset factory defaults, im guessing i should have done an app wipe but whatever im gonna use jl_cmder instead. thanks again
    08-29-09 09:45 PM
    Thanks for this. Works great, previously, I could never get the screenshot and wipe functions to work on my Vista 64-bit machine.

And I couldn't get CrackUtil to work either.
    09-24-09 03:45 PM
    Hi, Long time lurker here,
    I have spent 4 hours trying to make jl commander work. I am running vista and have followed the instructions but to no avail. I have a JVM Error 102.
    When I click on the choice.com dl provided it brings up a command prompt screen with Y,N?, I press Y and nothing happens. Also a bit confused as to replacing the choice.exe file, do I just drag and drop it over top the existing one in the jl commander folder? Lastly, I have tried to right click on jl commander.cmd to change the compatibilty to XP service pack 2 and it says target box is wrong.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance
    10-10-09 12:47 AM
    Thank You for this post, i just recently upgraded to W7 64 bit and for the life of me could not get JL Commander working, this worked great now i can enjoy the rest of my weekend.
    10-18-09 11:28 AM
    Hey guys trying to download file from rapid share but it will not allow me to!
    11-14-09 10:30 AM
    Hey guys trying to download file from rapid share but it will not allow me to!
    If you are still having trouble downloading from rapidshare, then try a google search and you should be able to find the Choice file for the 64bit Windows apps.
    11-14-09 11:53 AM
    I have found that Crackutil works just like JL_Cmder, but it is layed out like a windows program instead of Dos.
    Thanks Spotmark. Much better.... no DOS, and no Rapidshare!
    12-31-09 10:33 AM
    I dont get the choice option. I tried to follow the steps and it does not load.
    03-19-10 02:28 PM
    WORKS GREAT... many thanks
    04-10-10 12:44 AM
    Works for Win7 64bit. But I did not have to rename the file. I just delete the old "Choice" file then replaced it with yours and it works fine.

Thanks.
    04-15-10 11:35 PM
    Hello everyone,

I just wanted to post my experience with this fix. I am running Windows 7 64-bit and when I used the method described in this thread the Java Loader would not connect to my phone and the wipe would not be performed.

Here's what I did:
    1. Downloaded JL_Cmder 1.9.1, the install did not appear successful and the icon on the desktop didn't work; however the files were installed to C:\Program Files (x86)
    2. Replaced the included CHOICE.COM with the CHOICE.COM included in this thread
    3. Set JL_Cmder.cmd AND JavaLoader.exe to run in Windows XP SP2 mode

The trick for me was to run JavaLoader.exe in compatibility mode. I did not run JL_Cmder.cmd as an administrator and everything worked great.

Thanks,
      Mike
    09-01-10 12:26 PM
    Been away a long time, I was just checking my hosting and noticed how many downloads this file has gotten over the past few years. 30,000 roughly. Cheers! Glad I could help the community!
    09-11-10 12:58 AM
    Thanks for the help! Just waiting for the RapidShare server to get some free slots, and am chomping at the bit right now to get this running
    09-13-10 01:10 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD