Okay, myself like all of you who are trying to use jl_cmder and vista 64 bit may run into issues with CHOICE.EXE saying something about 16bit no supported and what not.

I have a 32bit version (which works with a 64 bit OS) which i will attach for all of you. Simply delete the 16bit version out of the directory and replace it with the 32 bit found on this thread, run jl_cmder and voila! No error.

I have confirmed this works, as I just did it successfully on mine. Do not run jl_cmder as admin, set compatibility to xp sp2 and it should work.

Here is the new version: RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

HOW TO:

1. Download jl_cmder from JL_Cmder Javaloader Utility Non Installer
    2. Extract contents
    3. Download MY version
    4. Replace CHOICE.COM with the my version of the file.
    5. Rename my version extension to CHOICE.COM (thanks minigts for the catch!)
    6. Right click JL_Cmder.cmd and choose properties
    7. Click compatibility tab and check Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
    8. Click OK
    9. Run JL_Cmder.cmd
    10. Then proceed as normal found here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/
    Last edited by shaffer; 12-28-08 at 12:35 AM. Reason: How to
    Joshua Tenpenny likes this.
    12-08-08 12:26 AM
    Yep, works as it should. Much appreciated.
    12-08-08 12:54 AM
    No problem, glad to hear it works!
    12-08-08 12:56 AM
    About time!!! Sticky this....

thanks man.
    12-08-08 01:27 AM
    Guess you got it to work as well? Awesome! And you are very welcome!
    12-08-08 01:34 AM
    I turned off UAC on my Vista 64 - do I still need to install and proceed this method O.P.?
    12-08-08 07:31 AM
    You can try it without running it in compatibility mode, though I have not tested it.
    12-08-08 01:19 PM
    Tag. And thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-08 01:48 PM
    No problem

12-08-08 03:46 PM
    I have found that Crackutil works just like JL_Cmder, but it is layed out like a windows program instead of Dos.
    12-08-08 03:59 PM
    True but most people prefer jl_cmder

12-08-08 06:49 PM
    23 downloads now and only a few reviews? Did everyone get it to work correctly or are some users still experiencing problems?
    12-08-08 11:33 PM
    I'm not trying to take away anything from the work you've done, but that's why I mentioned Crackutil. You don't have to f*** around with anything. You download it, and it works.
    12-08-08 11:46 PM
    Not a problem. Just with all the post regarding vista 64 bit and jl_cmder not working I figured I would contribute but all those who experienced trouble have not commented. Maybe they tried Crackutil instead.
    12-09-08 01:42 AM
    I had problems with jl_cmder with vista 64 before this thread was created and I used CrackUtil to wipe my phone. It worked well, but it was a little confusing on what kind of wipe you need to do, but once I figured that out it was seamless
    12-09-08 09:36 AM
    Amazing!

I used your recipe to take some screenshots using JL_Cmder and it worked wonderfully.
    12-17-08 10:44 AM
    Awesome glad you got it working

12-18-08 03:20 AM
    much appreciated, man. thanks for your help.
    12-19-08 06:45 AM
    Okay, myself like all of you who are trying to use jl_cmder and vista 64 bit may run into issues with CHOICE.EXE saying something about 16bit no supported and what not.

I have a 32bit version (which works with a 64 bit OS) which i will attach for all of you. Simply delete the 16bit version out of the directory and replace it with the 32 bit found on this thread, run jl_cmder and voila! No error.

I have confirmed this works, as I just did it successfully on mine. Do not run jl_cmder as admin, set compatibility to xp sp2 and it should work.

HOW TO:

2. Extract contents
    3. Download MY version
    4. Replace Choice.exe with the my version of the file.
    5. Right click JL_Cmder.cmd and choose properties
    6. Click compatibility tab and check Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
    7. Click OK
    8. Run JL_Cmder.cmd
    9. Then proceed as normal found here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/
    WOO HOO!!!! This works... awesome. Who knew we could be so excited to ruin something we spent $250+ on??
    12-19-08 09:27 PM
    Thanks this worked perfect for me
    12-20-08 03:02 PM

HOW TO:

2. Extract contents
    3. Download MY version
    4. Replace Choice.exe with the my version of the file.
    5. Right click JL_Cmder.cmd and choose properties
    6. Click compatibility tab and check Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
    7. Click OK
    8. Run JL_Cmder.cmd
    9. Then proceed as normal found here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/
    This worked for me as well with Vista 64, but please change the file name of Choice.exe to CHOICE.COM in the directions, as that is the correct file. It made sense to change it to this file extension in the directory, but the actual file name is CHOICE.COM for anyone worried about renaming the extension of the file.
    12-20-08 05:35 PM
    This worked for me as well with Vista 64, but please change the file name of Choice.exe to CHOICE.COM in the directions, as that is the correct file. It made sense to change it to this file extension in the directory, but the actual file name is CHOICE.COM for anyone worried about renaming the extension of the file.

Changed it in the directions, thanks for the catch!
    12-28-08 12:36 AM
    THANKS to the OP for posting this writeup and for sticking the functional version of CHOICE online for download

The fact that I found this post is a testimony to the fact that Crackberry "Forum Search" function works and is a good thing
    01-08-09 10:48 PM
    THANKS to the OP for posting this writeup and for sticking the functional version of CHOICE online for download

The fact that I found this post is a testimony to the fact that Crackberry "Forum Search" function works and is a good thing
    search works for me from time to time.
    01-22-09 01:51 AM
    It is also pretty easy to do this via the command prompt without changing anything.....just open a command prompt change directory to the JL_Cmder folder under your C:\Program Files (x86) path and run javaloader.exe to get the commands you can use. If you are just looking to wipe the phone, plug it in, go to the directory type in javaloader.exe -u wipe and you are done....this is for Vista 64-bit by the way.
    02-01-09 08:08 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD