I have a Jawbone II and I have an intermittent problem where I can hear the phone dialing in my ear, but once the call is connected, the speaker on the Strorm kicks in.

I had gone to the Verizon store and they fixed it by apparently unpairing and then repairing it, but I can't find a way to UNPAIR it from the Bluetooth prompt in the Options menu.

I just rebooted and that didn't help.

Any idea why this is happening? Is it a Jawbone problem or a Storm problem?
    12-02-08 11:50 AM
    i'm about 80% sure this is a jawbone problem, i've had the jawbone II since it came out and used it on my previous phone and had the same problem...just a guess
    12-02-08 12:35 PM
    I have this problem, and at least for me I have narrowed down what is happening.

For me, it only happens when I use a speed dial. All other times the Jawbone II works as advertised. I would think this will be fixed with a storm update.

The other issue I have is making music play through it. The Jawbone II works fine for the games that came with the Storm, and I can hear radio via FlyCast through it, but no MP3s. Not sure who's fault that is.
    12-10-08 01:22 PM
    I have this problem, and at least for me I have narrowed down what is happening.

For me, it only happens when I use a speed dial. All other times the Jawbone II works as advertised. I would think this will be fixed with a storm update.

The other issue I have is making music play through it. The Jawbone II works fine for the games that came with the Storm, and I can hear radio via FlyCast through it, but no MP3s. Not sure who's fault that is.
    To my knowledge, the Jawbone series don't have the A2DP bluetooth profile. That's required for the actual media player. mp3s and videos won't play through any headset without that profile.
    12-10-08 01:32 PM
    I have a Jawbone II and I have an intermittent problem where I can hear the phone dialing in my ear, but once the call is connected, the speaker on the Strorm kicks in.

I had gone to the Verizon store and they fixed it by apparently unpairing and then repairing it, but I can't find a way to UNPAIR it from the Bluetooth prompt in the Options menu.

To delete BT device
    Optopns>Bluetooth>(highlight the device)>hit the bb hard key to bring up menu>delete device.
    Hope the instructions were good
    12-10-08 01:36 PM
    To my knowledge, the Jawbone series don't have the A2DP bluetooth profile. That's required for the actual media player. mp3s and videos won't play through any headset without that profile.

I am sure you are correct, I guess I was surprised that Word Mole and FlyCast both work through the headset.

Oh well, I am happy that I can listen to talk radio while working and know one knows!
    12-10-08 01:39 PM
    I am sure you are correct, I guess I was surprised that Word Mole and FlyCast both work through the headset.

Oh well, I am happy that I can listen to talk radio while working and know one knows!
    How do you do it? I cannot get anything to come through my JB2 except phone calls. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    12-27-08 12:48 PM

This is a know issue with OS .65. & .75. newer updates correct this. It works correctly in.83.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-08 01:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD