So I'm a brand new Storm user and I've been lurking more or less for the past few weeks taking in all the info I can. I've been in forums before so i know to do legwork before asking a question. I've read a lot of things about the Storm here which has helped me a lot. I just have a few questions that I couldn't really find anywhere else.

a.) Is java already on the storm 9530 or is it something I'd have to install? If so.. How? The reason I ask is because there are some apps that have system requirements of running java on your Blackberry.

b.) I've read a lot about reading event logs. I did read you can turn off event logs all together but I cant for the life of me find a way how.

c.) Is there some sort of way to get a "command prompt" like thing up to tweak things that way or is this more locked down by carriers than I thought?

d.) How does one make a hybrid os... ex .113 running java .122 files. I've read a lot of this but have no clue how to do it.

Thanks in advance and I apologize in advance if any of these questions have been discussed. I HAVE looked for my own answers. Thanks!
    04-13-09 07:37 AM
    A-Yes the Storm is JAVA Capable. **EDIT**
    B-Event logs cannot be turned off. Only hidden you can clear them out maually as well or use Logmaid to to it every hour for you.

C-i believe the javaloader would be what you use. i am not 100% on this. Most modifications you would want to do can be done through programs that are on the CB forums.

D-Hybrid OS's are just combination of files from different OS's (Basically) there are many on here already if you do not feel like messing with this. i am using .113 OS with .122 Java Files, and .86 MMS.
    Last edited by Bigdaddy2009; 04-13-09 at 08:52 AM.
    04-13-09 08:11 AM
    So I'm a brand new Storm user and I've been lurking more or less for the past few weeks taking in all the info I can. I've been in forums before so i know to do legwork before asking a question. I've read a lot of things about the Storm here which has helped me a lot. I just have a few questions that I couldn't really find anywhere else.

a.) Is java already on the storm 9530 or is it something I'd have to install? If so.. How? The reason I ask is because there are some apps that have system requirements of running java on your Blackberry.

b.) I've read a lot about reading event logs. I did read you can turn off event logs all together but I cant for the life of me find a way how.

c.) Is there some sort of way to get a "command prompt" like thing up to tweak things that way or is this more locked down by carriers than I thought?

d.) How does one make a hybrid os... ex .113 running java .122 files. I've read a lot of this but have no clue how to do it.

Thanks in advance and I apologize in advance if any of these questions have been discussed. I HAVE looked for my own answers. Thanks!
    a)Java comes with BB.
    b)Never seen where you can turn them off only hide them
    c)Ugh no
    d)You copy CODs from one version to another version. COD files from .113 on top of some COD files from .122 make a hybrid between two versions.
    04-13-09 08:12 AM
    Just to clarify a bit on the Java part... The BB OS is written in Java, as are all apps for it, BUT there is no Java support in the browser.
    04-13-09 08:43 AM
    ^^^what he said lol :-)
    04-13-09 08:52 AM
    Just to clarify a bit on the Java part... The BB OS is written in Java, as are all apps for it, BUT there is no Java support in the browser.
    thanks. i wasnt too sure of that. lol
    04-13-09 08:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD