Is there a way that I can play my Itunes music on my Storm?
    11-26-08 08:09 PM
    Blackberry Media Sync now supports storm. Can't post the URL, but you can search it. Syncs to iTunes.
    11-26-08 08:24 PM
    I used it and it works BUT it won't let you transfer songs you purchased from the Itunes music store.

Marc
    11-26-08 08:36 PM
    I used it and it works BUT it won't let you transfer songs you purchased from the Itunes music store.

Marc

When i bought my storm that fatefull friday the verizon manager was really pushing rhapsody and i told him my kids and wifer were all about the itunes and he told me i could put itunes songs on my new storm. I didnt even bother to argue. Then he started pushing vznavigator..... AGAIN
    11-26-08 08:59 PM

Marc
    Songs you purchased from itunes are protected ACC files and I don't think they'll play on any other product except an apple product.

Solution: Amazon.com mp3 DRM FREE files. Amazon (and lots of other sites now) have DRM free music (almost anything I find on itunes that I want to buy I get on Amazon. Their downloader puts the song right into your itunes.

I haven't purchased a protected song from itunes for a long time (and I am a MAC user and apple fan).
    11-26-08 09:00 PM
    All songs purchased on iTunes are DRM protected, and will not sync with Blackberry's Media Sync. Nor will iTunes allow you to convert those protected files to ACC format. I purchased an audio conversion program called NoteBurner that works great. It will convert all of iTunes protected files into unprotected MP3 files, which can then be loaded onto the Storm's Media card using Roxio's Media Manager. It works great, sounds great, is simple to do, doesn't require too much time and doesn't cost too much (about $38.00). I think if you have alot of DRM protected songs then this is a way to free them. Check out NoteBurner.com and follow their very clear instructions.
    11-27-08 02:48 AM
    All songs purchased on iTunes are DRM protected, and will not sync with Blackberry's Media Sync. Nor will iTunes allow you to convert those protected files to ACC format. I purchased an audio conversion program called NoteBurner that works great. It will convert all of iTunes protected files into unprotected MP3 files, which can then be loaded onto the Storm's Media card using Roxio's Media Manager. It works great, sounds great, is simple to do, doesn't require too much time and doesn't cost too much (about $38.00). I think if you have alot of DRM protected songs then this is a way to free them. Check out NoteBurner.com and follow their very clear instructions.

this isn't fully true.. MOST songs on itunes are DRM there is a section of the store called itunes+ which costs more and the tunes are drm free...

however I quit purchasing from itunes after a couple thousand songs because I was so pissed that I couldn't play them on other things besides ipods and macs...
    11-27-08 03:02 AM
    I couldn't get the MediaSync to work (it kept crashing in Vista) so I just copied my iTunes Music folder to my BlackBerry and it works fine, album art and all.
    11-27-08 07:19 AM
    I'm using media synch to put aac music files on the storm - but some of my files are apple lossless ( none are drm protected because most of my music comes from ripping cd's ). Found that mediasynch cannot identify and copy the lossless files. Another limitation that makes life difficult.
    11-27-08 07:36 AM
    OOPS! Noaim, my bad, I didn't realize there was a different area which allows you to download songs without DRM. Thats good to know.

Nachos Libre, when you say you copied the itunes folder to your Blackberry and it worked fine, are you referring to songs which are protected by DRM?
    11-27-08 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD