Yeah, $199.99 would be good.

That's the price Kevin Byrne said from a month ago. He stated the price would be $199.99-$249.99 before a $70 MIR.
    11-11-08 05:41 PM
    you would buy it because aGPS is locked to VZNav, and GPS is unlocked?

aGPS uses the cell phone towers, it can be off by over 3000 ft were GPS may be off by a yard or so.

If your not buying the Storm because of this you really dont need this phone.
    If Verizon locks the aGPS what else are they going to lock? It is a trend that I do not want to be a part of. There is no way I am going to buy a phone for $220 with a 2 year agreement with a company that has shady business practices. Keep the phone's features free to use... and I will buy the phone.
    11-11-08 06:23 PM
    My question is if the main line is VIP on a family plan is everyone else VIP as well..if so is it possible to upgrade one of family lines without touching the main line and ordering it a week earlier...thanks
    I believe it is only on the main line not on everyone who is on the plan. That is how it works on our plan.

Jeez. I used my last NE2 in April. I want this phone so bad, but $519 is a pretty hefty price to pay. Especially after I just bought a new Macbook Pro...
    If the phone is around $200 for a NE2, I believe the early termination fee is around $175 and then goes down in price as you get farther away from your last upgrade or contract extension, can’t remember which,. I would call Verzion to find out what your early termination fee is.

So, $200 w/NE2 + $175 early term fee = $375.

Give or take depending on the final price of the Storm. The price of $375 is a lot cheaper then paying $519 retail for the Storm. Just a thought.

I believe $219 is a bit high.
    If I am not mistaken, that was the same price as the Curve when it first came out. So a price of $219 doesn’t seem to be too unreasonable. I would definitely pay that.
    Last edited by The Boz; 11-12-08 at 09:07 AM.
    11-12-08 08:57 AM
    is the $219 before or after the NE2? for example, i'm not yet eligible for my NE2, but am eligible for my yearly upgrade. with that said, how much will i have to pay assuming this $219 2 yr contract price?
    11-12-08 09:07 AM
    is the $219 before or after the NE2? for example, i'm not yet eligible for my NE2, but am eligible for my yearly upgrade. with that said, how much will i have to pay assuming this $219 2 yr contract price?
    phone prices generally don't show the ne2 included since not everyone will be eligible like second lines on family plans or annual upgrades. if its 219 it will be the contract price
    11-12-08 09:09 AM
    The $219 is after the NE2, but I think the yearly upgrade also qualifies for that price. I am not 100% sure though.
    11-12-08 09:14 AM
    If I am not mistaken, that was the same price as the Curve when it first came out. So a price of $219 doesn�t seem to be too unreasonable. I would definitely pay that.
    You're new here, so we'll forgive you. CX is a God. If he says something, 99% of the time, you can take that info. to the grave with you. While he can't violate his NDA and say the exact price, he gave us a damn good hint that $220 is too high.
    11-12-08 09:17 AM
    You're new here, so we'll forgive you. CX is a God. If he says something, 99% of the time, you can take that info. to the grave with you. While he can't violate his NDA and say the exact price, he gave us a damn good hint that $220 is too high.
    While I am sure CX is very knowledge about these matters, my comment wasn�t to question whether he is right or not, but to say that even if he says $219 is too high, I would still pay that amount which doesn�t seem an unreasonable price for this phone. If it is lower then that, then it is just a bonus. When the curve first came out, I know several people who were willing to pay $219 including myself.
    11-12-08 09:32 AM
    The $219 is after the NE2, but I think the yearly upgrade also qualifies for that price. I am not 100% sure though.
    kind of contradicted yourself there. the ne2 is a different discount then the annual upgrade.
    11-12-08 10:05 AM
    kind of contradicted yourself there. the ne2 is a different discount then the annual upgrade.
    Which is why I said I wasn't 100% sure about that, though every time I have done my yearly upgrade, I have received the discounted price, the same as if I was buying a new phone and signing a new 2 year agreement.
    11-12-08 10:38 AM
    Which is why I said I wasn't 100% sure about that, though every time I have done my yearly upgrade, I have received the discounted price, the same as if I was buying a new phone and signing a new 2 year agreement.
    just saying because in order for me to get a best buy phone i had to call verizon and have them show me eligible for a 2 year upgrade but they took my ne2 away as it was quite a date jump. i would have been eligible in march but not no more
    11-12-08 10:41 AM
    I don't want to start a new thread for this, but I'm betting the Storm is still on the testman site, but hidden under a different location (instead of Phoenix, AZ). VZW web developers probably got word that the public "found" it under Phoenix (the location they were probably using for testing and viewing the Storm page) so they changed it to some remote zip code location. All these things are typical for web developers to do.
    11-12-08 10:47 AM
    I believe $219 is a bit high.
    As I said, $219 is a bit high. It was always going to be the same price as Iphone or lower.
    11-13-08 06:42 AM
    Anyone notice that the rebate is a "rebate debit card", not cool. Also anyone know what the 1 yr, business, and full retail prices are yet?
    11-13-08 07:45 AM
    can we lock this thread since it is no longer official
    11-13-08 08:05 AM
140 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD