It's not meant to be....

I ordered my 1st Storm on Nov 22 and it shipped on Nov 26. It had screen problems from the beginning (along the edges, etc). It also froze and rebooted itself when taking/playing a video.
    I called and they sent me a replacement on Dec 8th. This phone was much better but would not take a charge, either turned on or turned off. I resorted to charging the battery in my original Storm and swapping it with the battery from the first replacement. I called VZW again and said I want another Storm because of the charging issue, I also said I'm not sending back the first 2 Storms until the new one arrives as that is how I am charging the battery to use in the current phone. The VZW rep kept asking me if I had insurance (which I don't and never will) as they'd need to send me a replacement handset. I said this was NOT a replacement handset, instead it had better be a new phone - not a refurbished unit.
    I received the replacement last week and, to my surprise, all that was in the FedEx box was a small Storm-sized plain cardboard box (no marking/letters) that had a bare Storm inside. No charger, no cables, no battery, no memory card.....nothing. The build seems to be from 12/17/2008 and the phone from Mexico. The only other thing in the FedEx box was a glossy VZW "Verizon Device Exchange Program" card. The SKU on the warehouse label states "FRUBB9530". Sure looks and smells like a refurb unit to me as the glossy card states "We are pleased to provide you with your certified like-new replacement device".

I've about had it with VZW and the Storm. I can't take much more of this abuse and incompetence of the VZW reps. This was my very first BB and very first, and last, Storm. I have until Jan 15th to return the Storm.
    Question: What is the next best BB device VZW has right now as I'll probably just go with that phone? Pearl and Curve?
    01-03-09 09:19 AM
    It's not meant to be....

I ordered my 1st Storm on Nov 22 and it shipped on Nov 26. It had screen problems from the beginning (along the edges, etc). It also froze and rebooted itself when taking/playing a video.
    I called and they sent me a replacement on Dec 8th. This phone was much better but would not take a charge, either turned on or turned off. I resorted to charging the battery in my original Storm and swapping it with the battery from the first replacement. I called VZW again and said I want another Storm because of the charging issue, I also said I'm not sending back the first 2 Storms until the new one arrives as that is how I am charging the battery to use in the current phone. The VZW rep kept asking me if I had insurance (which I don't and never will) as they'd need to send me a replacement handset. I said this was NOT a replacement handset, instead it had better be a new phone - not a refurbished unit.
    I received the replacement last week and, to my surprise, all that was in the FedEx box was a small Storm-sized plain cardboard box (no marking/letters) that had a bare Storm inside. No charger, no cables, no battery, no memory card.....nothing. The build seems to be from 12/17/2008 and the phone from Mexico. The only other thing in the FedEx box was a glossy VZW "Verizon Device Exchange Program" card. The SKU on the warehouse label states "FRUBB9530". Sure looks and smells like a refurb unit to me as the glossy card states "We are pleased to provide you with your certified like-new replacement device".

I've about had it with VZW and the Storm. I can't take much more of this abuse and incompetence of the VZW reps. This was my very first BB and very first, and last, Storm. I have until Jan 15th to return the Storm.
    Question: What is the next best BB device VZW has right now as I'll probably just go with that phone? Pearl and Curve?
    Sounds like a Motorola KRZR would be best suited for you.
    01-03-09 09:23 AM
    It's not meant to be....

The Curve is a fantastic phone.
    01-03-09 09:25 AM
    If you don't want a Storm I would go with the Curve as a replacement. The screen is bigger and it is IMO a better phone than the pearl.
    01-03-09 09:26 AM
    Curve is an awesome phone...
    01-03-09 09:26 AM
    Get both! If I had to pick one though, I'd get the curve. Or better yet, BOLD

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-09 02:19 PM
    It's not meant to be....

I dropped the Storm, and went with the Bold, and havent looked back then. When I returned the Storm yesterday the Manager said, "Any Issues with the Storm", and I politely said, "Are you kidding me?"
    01-03-09 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD