i have had my storm for 3 weeks now.
    1st one crashed completely, verizon replaced
    then

issues i have on a daily basis:

backlight not timing out at all, drains battery quickly
    when i switch profiles they don't actually switch, annoying
    phone decides not to ring for any alerts, unacceptable
    cannot answer the phone, unacceptable
    have to press the unlock button 3 or 4 times to get the phone to unlock, stupid
    a few other glitches that are annoying as well but nothing really bad.

I have searched these forums for answers and tried everything i could find on here, i.e. batt. pulls, changing settings and options and the phone always reverts to havingthese problems. battery pulls ussually fix the some of hte problems temporarily but they always come back. oh and did i mention this is my second phone. the first one crashed completely and verizonreplaced it. If anyone has any tips or fixes for me it would be appreciated. so far i am not happy with this performance of this phone, but i do like it when it works.
    01-04-09 08:40 AM
    buy an iphone
    01-04-09 08:44 AM
    then

I have searched these forums for answers and tried everything i could find on here, i.e. batt. pulls, changing settings and options and the phone always reverts to havingthese problems. battery pulls ussually fix the some of hte problems temporarily but they always come back. oh and did i mention this is my second phone. the first one crashed completely and verizonreplaced it. If anyone has any tips or fixes for me it would be appreciated. so far i am not happy with this performance of this phone, but i do like it when it works.
    Try a full wipe and reinstall .85
    01-04-09 08:47 AM
    As I've said in other threads, it's weird how random these problems are, as I've had mine since 11/21 and haven't had a single one of those problems. Seriously. Not one. I believe you have these problems, don't get me wrong, I'm just wondering why some people have these problems and others don't.
    01-04-09 08:50 AM
    yeah it is strange because i got 2 phones at the time one for me and one for a coworker bith were bought throught he company. his had had a few problems but not nealry the same as me and he is running the same OS and apps.
    01-04-09 08:54 AM
    then

Are you SURE that you have all of your settings correct? The only reason that I ask is that all of the problems you are having are software related, and have nothing to do with the actual phone.
    I currently have .85 also and do not have any of those problems. The only thing you could do is re-install the OS as someone mentioned above.

The phone is only as good as the software and input that it receives!
    Other "hardware" issues are a different story.
    01-04-09 09:08 AM
    I had a couple of the same issues with mine. I was in a meeting (my phone was set to silent) and my phone started ringing out loud. I was not immpressed with that, lol.I liked my storm,but I love my curve. The curve has been out a while and all its bugs are worked out. It lacks some of the storm feats but I can deal with that to have a stable phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-09 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD