Hello everyone,

I just switched yesterday to the Storm and I need some help on how to get my preferences back.

None of my Autotext, settings, signatures and browser favorites came over. Can I go back to a restore point and get them to load? My assumption is no because it's a different device.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nerfman
    04-15-09 09:57 AM
    I believe if you restore from a old file you can select which parts of that file to restore... such as Contacts, Mail, Autotext, options and what not.

There should be a prompt before it actually starts the restore and you can check the boxes to either include or exclude certain areas.

Give it a try see if it works.
    04-15-09 10:27 AM
    I would also suggest taking a look at the Beta OS Discussion section to read up on how to upgrade your OS on the phone, if you are still running .75 (which the storms ships with) it has a bunch of bugs that are fixed in the newer leaked OS's.

I would recommend the OS in my signature it has worked great for me so far. The new OS will make your phone function much smoother and faster. Not to mention most of the bugs will be fixed. You may not see the bugs yet since you just got it but bound to run into them sooner or later.

Just thought I'd throw that in there.
    04-15-09 10:37 AM
    StevenG,

Good advice and yes, I'm on the old OS, which I know has issues. There's a forum on how to upgrade, right? I believe I've seen it.

Thank you!!

Nerfman
    04-15-09 11:48 AM
    Yea I just got mine a few weeks back and I upp'd mine to 113 seems to work with a few probs here and there.. Welcome to the storm..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 12:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD