I have the Storm and I like to add music onto it by clicking and dragging files from my hard drive to the music folder on the Storm.

Specifically, here are the issues:

1) When I am finished adding music to the folder, I safely remove the Storm from my computer. When I go to check and see the music files it tells me that there are substantially less songs on there than I had just put on. I fix this by going to Option>Memory>Remove Media Card...then I reinstall the card. This seems to help, but I don't feel like doing this all the time when I add music. By the way, I do have the .148 upgrade.

2) After going through issue 1 (see above), I go to play the music on my phone and two things happen....1) when I click on a song it does not play right away (or at all)....2) when I go to advance to the next track on an album it will bring me to a track from somewhere else on the album (and before you ask...some of the albums on there are from CDs I own and uploaded to my computer).

Any help is appreciated

I am growing increasingly frustrated at the problems with this phone, and I just don't want to go through this hassle.

-Brandon
    06-17-09 12:48 PM
    I have the Storm and I like to add music onto it by clicking and dragging files from my hard drive to the music folder on the Storm.

Specifically, here are the issues:

1) When I am finished adding music to the folder, I safely remove the Storm from my computer. When I go to check and see the music files it tells me that there are substantially less songs on there than I had just put on. I fix this by going to Option>Memory>Remove Media Card...then I reinstall the card. This seems to help, but I don't feel like doing this all the time when I add music. By the way, I do have the .148 upgrade.

Any help is appreciated

I am growing increasingly frustrated at the problems with this phone, and I just don't want to go through this hassle.

-Brandon
    There is a "thumbs.dat" file in the "music" folder on your media card. It is a "hidden" file, so you don't see it from the phone. When you're connected to your PC, delete that file, and it will recreate itself to include the new files you have added. You can also do this (delete the thumbs.dat file) from the phone itself with a third party app called bbfilescout
    06-17-09 12:58 PM
    i have issue number 1 often, and I remove and insert the sd card to fix it, haven't found another way around it.
    06-17-09 12:58 PM
    1) you could also try a battery pull or quick pull.

2) make sure the ID tag of the mp3 has the track# set and is correct. I believe it will sort based on that otherwise it is alphabetical
    06-17-09 01:01 PM
    Deleting the BBThumbs.dat file is the easiest/best way to go.
    06-17-09 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD