I've had my Storm for a couple months now and have had relatively no problems apart from a couple random restarts here and there. Now all of a sudden my phone wont go into the landscape orientation when I'm trying to send SMS. The orientation works fine everywhere else but as soon as i go to send out a text it locks itself in the portrait position. There might be a simple solution to this but I've tried everything i can think of and can't get it to go back to normal. The phone is pretty much stock so it cant be a software problem. Any ideas?
    04-05-09 06:02 PM
    Try a battery pull. And if you've tried that already just wipe your phone and reload your Os. If the problem persists take a quick trip to your local vzw( or insert where you bought the storm from here) and tell them your problem and they will replace your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-09 06:08 PM
    If you are running .75 as I am, there is a glitch that makes this happen. If you pull up your cantact list in portrait mode and select a contact then choose to send text, you will be stuck in portrait. You can pull up your contact list in landscape (by using the contact button, not the green phone button) and then you can choose a contact and text in landscape.
    04-05-09 06:22 PM
    My story has been fine for 3 months, and now I have same problem re emails. What is the easiest way to reload the OS? Go to blackberry.com?
    04-14-09 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD