Is it possible this will ever be implemented by RIM?

Scrolling through long lists is really slow and painful.

It could be made optional for those who like the current scrolling method.
    01-01-09 05:55 PM
    Anything's possible, but I think their primary focus right now is performance tuning and bug fixing.

If it ever happens, I'm sure you'll see a bunch of people wetting themselves with delight and having a veritable verbal orgasm of posts here.
    01-01-09 05:58 PM
    There are some 3rd party apps that do it, so it is technically possible.
    01-01-09 06:00 PM
    There are some 3rd party apps that do it, so it is technically possible.
    Which app is that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-09 06:10 PM
    Which app is that?

Wall Street Journal!!!
    01-01-09 06:17 PM
    You really want fater?

I love the slow scroll. More prefessional and precise IMO!
    01-01-09 06:18 PM
    Flick scrolling would be really good. It has been implemented well on the iphone and t-mobile G1.

COME ON RIM - sort it out !

01-01-09 06:24 PM
    ap mobile does it

so does the hockey news . .

it isnt as smooth as the iphone "flick" scrolling but its better than what rim has . .
    01-01-09 06:45 PM
    they will ...look at the lg voyager it never had it then my gf updated yesterday and now im mad because she has pretty much has flick scrolling on her contacts
    01-01-09 07:00 PM
    AP News also has flick scrolling.

01-01-09 08:47 PM
    AP News also has flick scrolling.

Kinda like the guy said two posts up from you? lol
    01-01-09 08:50 PM
    I got my wife a Behold for Christmas, it implements the flick scrolling, and I really dont like it. It's too fast, and usually scrolls past what it is you're looking for. The Storms scrolling is great IMO
    01-02-09 02:53 AM
    I got my wife a Behold for Christmas, it implements the flick scrolling, and I really dont like it. It's too fast, and usually scrolls past what it is you're looking for. The Storms scrolling is great IMO
    Hi

What's a Behold?

01-02-09 05:37 AM
    Kinda like the guy said two posts up from you? lol

Yeah what was that about. If they had been posted near the same time that's fine but this just showed a complete lack of reading the simplest thread.
    01-02-09 05:40 AM
    Flick scrolling does feel nice. I thought the BlackBerry already had it, but I guess my definition of Flick Scrolling was wrong.

That AP Mobile app is definitely a must have for all BlackBerry users I think.
    01-02-09 05:45 AM

Compared to the iPhone, the Storm touch display usage still sucks bigtime. It could get better but I think that RIM is concentrating on sorting out the bugs first and of course fixing them.
    I personally think that RIM put the Storm too early on the market, maybe because they thought it is the right moment now(christmas shopping, financial crisis not as bad as it will be next year, no new spectacular phone from competition available, etc.).
    I'd say that the Storm needs another two or three firmware updates until it is really "usable" for the tough business user.

I almost sold my Storm because of the bad reception quality but with the .83 firmware, RIM apparently improved the reception signal strength substantially, so I'm going to keep it, even if the touch usage isn't even close to iPhone comfort right now.
    01-02-09 06:06 AM
    Be Patient, GOOD will come to those that wait!
    01-02-09 08:20 AM
    I have to say I just deleted the VZ Nav app (which if you have a gps in your car, this make this app pointless esp with blackberry maps). It just made scrolling a breeze
    01-02-09 09:24 AM
    My bro-In-law has the storm and I played around with it for a few(getting one soon). The scrolling has it's + & -. It is awesome for accuracy and a bit tiring for long documents, I think flexiability with the scrolling options would be extremely handy.
    01-02-09 09:53 AM
    The problem i have with scrooling vs iphone scrooling is that the storm is just not smooth... it jerks even when you slide your finger smoothly.
    01-02-09 10:17 AM
    Hi

What's a Behold?

A new Samsung touchscreen from T-Mobile. It's actually a pretty nice phone.
    01-02-09 10:33 AM
    I personally think that RIM put the Storm too early on the market, maybe because they thought it is the right moment now(christmas shopping, financial crisis not as bad as it will be next year, no new spectacular phone from competition available, etc.).
    Replace RIM with carriers and you're probably spot on. RIM doesn't really decide when the carriers will release its phones as much as people think. Cell phone makers are generally in a very different position from almost any other manufacturer, in that they have very little leverage over when their product is released. Verizon and Vodafone released the Storm as soon as it reached the barely usable point to try and capitalize on the holiday shopping. The whole financial crisis thing sounds good, but Verizon had this planned months ago before the crisis really started. To put together all those TV ads, print ads, and produce a few million units for launch, they would have had to of made the decision to launch back around June or earlier. Right around the time the media really started sensationalizing things by calling it a financial crisis or meltdown or some other scary sounding word. It's bad, but it's not exactly a crisis or meltdown.

In any case, the major point here is that the carriers have almost total discretion over when a cell phone is released. Apple is very much the oddity in that they will sell the Jesus Phone directly. Virtually no other cell phone maker will do that, they ONLY sell to carriers and then the carriers decide when to launch, how much to charge, etc.
    01-02-09 11:11 AM
    A new Samsung touchscreen from T-Mobile. It's actually a pretty nice phone.
    Thanks I just googled it, its a nice enough phone.

01-02-09 11:14 AM
    The whole financial crisis thing sounds good, but Verizon had this planned months ago before the crisis really started. To put together all those TV ads, print ads, and produce a few million units for launch, they would have had to of made the decision to launch back around June or earlier. Right around the time the media really started sensationalizing things by calling it a financial crisis or meltdown or some other scary sounding word. It's bad, but it's not exactly a crisis or meltdown.
    Disagree -- first, it is a crisis, and second, it has been going on for more than 2 years, so Verizon planning for reduced sales from a recession as "early" as June is not uncommon at all. I'd say it's very likely the economic situation came into play when releasing this phone.
    01-02-09 11:16 AM

Sure it is. The iPhone had its problems initially too. These things happen with new products like this. It will get better over time.

I bought my Storm on the first day because I was in desperate need of a phone. My Razr's display screen was almost gone and I knew that I didn't want to wait an addtional 2 years to buy a Blackberry, so I went with the new product. I had already read about some of the things that were wrong with it.

I have had some glitches here and there, but for the most part, it's been okay. I am hoping that each revision will make it better and better.
    01-02-09 11:27 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD