So I just moved from the iphone....Does the storm even have a appstore, I can't seem to get Appworld on my BB.. Is there a way to enable the phone to click with out actualy just clicking the screen just touching it. This was such a scam I hate clicking **** its extreme slow to type compared to the iphone....Is there alot of 3rd party apps on the BB storm??? Any thing else I need to know to make this phone cool but the boring basics?
    06-28-09 07:22 PM
    Ok so there is a Blackberry Appworld, There is no way to make the screen click with out actually clicking (I get what you mean), and as for 3rd party apps there are a bunch but not nearly as much as the iphone in this area you will be pretty disappointed with the storm.
    06-28-09 07:25 PM
    lol, this is going to be good
    lol, this is going to be good
    I hear that lol.
    Lol....too bad you should've read reviews before you got the storm. =)
    Welcome to the Storm.
    06-28-09 07:30 PM
    Lol....too bad you should've read reviews before you got the storm. =)
    Welcome to the Storm.
    I have to use a black berry phone to use BBM Pin because my provider doesn't have texting plans its .35 cents for 1 text so every one has black berrys. Plus i got the storm for alittle under 300 with warrenty. with my appworld it says device does not support this when i try to download it on my phone wtf?
    06-28-09 07:52 PM
    so you all buy BBs just to message each other when there are many free messaging apps for the iphone as well as other phones?
    06-28-09 08:01 PM
    so you all buy BBs just to message each other when there are many free messaging apps for the iphone as well as other phones?
    No one around me has iphone, just black berrys.
    06-28-09 08:02 PM
    06-28-09 08:05 PM
    If you came to BB Storm expecting an iPhone, get ready for a huge disappointment. Different beast but rest assured IT IS A BEAST! Highly recommend trolling this sight. Tons of great information. Take it from a n00b, but also take it with a grain of salt. Welcome to BB!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-09 08:50 PM
    If you came to BB Storm expecting an iPhone, get ready for a huge disappointment. Different beast but rest assured IT IS A BEAST! Highly recommend trolling this sight. Tons of great information. Take it from a n00b, but also take it with a grain of salt. Welcome to BB!

no that is not a good thing, browsing yes, trolling no
    06-28-09 08:52 PM
    You can't get the BB app store you are out of their allowed area unless you are in the US and UK.

But this one is better anyway.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=aKr6q3cr
    You can download the crackerry app store on your phone.

If you didn't want a click screen you shouldn't bought a storm I am sure you looked at the phone before you bought it.
    06-28-09 09:07 PM
    You can't get the BB app store you are out of their allowed area unless you are in the US and UK.

But this one is better anyway.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=aKr6q3cr
    You can download the crackerry app store on your phone.

If you didn't want a click screen you shouldn't bought a storm I am sure you looked at the phone before you bought it.
    +1 on the crackberry app store. I think that every single app that is in app world is also in the crackberry store and then some.
    06-28-09 09:18 PM
    If you use Opera Mini... you can just double tap the links and such...without actually depressing the screen.... Just figured that out on my AT&T storm...
    06-28-09 09:44 PM
    If you use Opera Mini... you can just double tap the links and such...without actually depressing the screen.... Just figured that out on my AT&T storm...
    How does this work....And no I didn't look at my storm before I bought it, was use my iphone and pay 200$ month for no texting plan or black berry curve or storm. I picked the storm I only payed 200$ for a new storm... I don't live in Usa
    06-28-09 10:39 PM
    Opera.mini.com

06-28-09 10:41 PM
    Opera.mini.com

I don't understand how this works can u explain?? how i get app world on this?
    06-29-09 08:35 AM
    How does this work....And no I didn't look at my storm before I bought it, was use my iphone and pay 200$ month for no texting plan or black berry curve or storm. I picked the storm I only payed 200$ for a new storm... I don't live in Usa
    maybe try and do some research before shelling out a bunch of money on a new phone. it'll help.

1) if you're not in the US or UK, you cannot get app world on your phone.

2) opera mini is a web browser though that lets you browse without having to click the screen.

3) you can get the crackberry app that lets you shop all the applications on crackberry.com.
    06-29-09 08:40 AM
    isn't the 9500 only available in the UK anyway? so you should be able to get the app world.
    06-29-09 08:52 AM
    maybe try and do some research before shelling out a bunch of money on a new phone. it'll help.

1) if you're not in the US or UK, you cannot get app world on your phone.

2) opera mini is a web browser though that lets you browse without having to click the screen.

3) you can get the crackberry app that lets you shop all the applications on crackberry.com.
    I did not rearch because I didn't have a choice.... I live in the cayman islands...Would i get app world there??? So i log on crackberry.com on my phone and download apps there?
    06-29-09 09:41 AM
    Opera.mini.com

its switched: mini.opera.com

but maybe the other way works too
    06-29-09 10:58 AM
    I did not rearch because I didn't have a choice.... I live in the cayman islands...Would i get app world there??? So i log on crackberry.com on my phone and download apps there?

on your phone go to m.crackberry.com

at the top will be an appstore link, select the "(download client)" portion of the link and you will have it in your downloads folder after successful installation.
    06-29-09 11:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD