So I had the IS installed Wednesday by a best buy employee. Before I did have 1 spec of dust already under the screen. He did trap some dust under the shield but I'm over it. However I notice what looks like a small cut on the shield as well as something else that is dust but upon closer look its also like a small cut that is colored as if it were wet. Also regardless of the orange peel I see small dents in the shield. This can't be normal is it? I've wiped the screen to no avail! Should I reapply?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-08 12:10 PM
    So I had the IS installed Wednesday by a best buy employee. Before I did have 1 spec of dust already under the screen. He did trap some dust under the shield but I'm over it. However I notice what looks like a small cut on the shield as well as something else that is dust but upon closer look its also like a small cut that is colored as if it were wet. Also regardless of the orange peel I see small debts in the shield. This can't be normal is it? I've wiped the screen to no avail! Should I reapply?

mine looks like that too. if there is a defect or if the shield get's damaged while on the phone you can get another under warranty.

it has to be registered at zagg to fall under the warranty
    12-21-08 12:13 PM
    I would that doesn't sound like a very good job.
    12-21-08 12:13 PM
    Would reapplying get the scratches out with that solution and scraper? To me doesn't seem like it would help

12-21-08 12:19 PM
    he did a ****ty install job, that's why. My shield is installed my me (anal retentive attention to detail guy) and it's doing it's job since the day I got the phone.
    12-21-08 12:19 PM
    plus, if you bought it from best buy and they installed, have them redo it...or better yet get a replacement and redo yourself
    the dust is probably stuck to the adhesive part. either way, have them fix
    12-21-08 12:59 PM
    My wife, who has the hands of a surgeon, helped me install the InvisibleShield on my 8330 Curve a few weeks back [see my post a few weeks back for details]. It went on beautifully and clean. The result has been nothing short of fantastic.

It's like anything else; if the install is bad, then the end result is bad. I would go back to Best Buy and demand a new one. Carefully remove the old one, and re-apply the new one yourself, [or beg for help like I did], taking pain-staking care and a lot of time.

See the InvisibleShield videos and directions on their site and follow them to a tee. If you do, you'll be very happy with the results.

Good luck!
    12-21-08 01:01 PM
    i have a couple of those rainbow-wetness things on my BSE too... had it on the film that came on the phone also and almost thought they were dead pixels.

haven't figured out a way to resolve them yet
    12-21-08 01:11 PM
    he did a ****ty install job, that's why. My shield is installed my me (anal retentive attention to detail guy) and it's doing it's job since the day I got the phone.
    by shields do you mean the screen protectors?
    12-21-08 04:30 PM
    I went to the mall and had the invisible shield employee do mine, turned out great as usual. I have just the screen protector on my storm and have had it on my iphone and iphone 3g in the past. No dust no moisture, I reccomend having the employees who do this for a living install the invisible shield to have it done right.
    12-21-08 04:36 PM
    I went to the mall and had the invisible shield employee do mine, turned out great as usual. I have just the screen protector on my storm and have had it on my iphone and iphone 3g in the past. No dust no moisture, I reccomend having the employees who do this for a living install the invisible shield to have it done right.
    Exactly. And if they mess up they'll usually open and new one and do it right for you. So you can't lose. You mess up, and your screwed.
    12-21-08 04:41 PM
    why anyone installs these products outside of a hot bathroom is beyond me. Why do you put yourself in dust filled environments? Go into a bathroom that is steaming, and then do it. You wont have any dust floating around.
    12-21-08 05:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD