Hi hi,

I'm receiving my Storm in about a week and am going to get a skin for it to protect it; basically I wanted to know which is best? An InviShield or some other kind like ghost shield?

I was going to get the $30 life-time coverage Invisible Shield from Zagg.com...

Bad idea? Good idea?

Thanks
    12-07-08 02:26 AM
    they are all pretty much the same, BSE is the cheapest. But if your VERY picky it seem alot of forum member like Phantom skins. I currently have Ghost armor installed on mine.
    12-07-08 02:53 AM
    I took mine off after seeing the video of the attempted scratching of the screen. If you get one I'd get the one that protects the whole unit because the black parts will probably not be scratch proof, fwiw..
    12-07-08 06:43 AM
    I have IS. Some people complain about the orange peel effect. To me I like the fell of it on the body of the phone as it reassures me the phone is more secure in my grasp. However I don't like the same effect on the screen. It was a bit difficult to adjust to after using the storm with the shipping film over the screen. It should also be noted that the IS I installed does not cover the corners of the Storm. I'm sure this is to allow the phone to easily fit into holsters, but I also know every other phone I've had , when dropped, wound up scratching the corners 85% of the time.

OF the various companies representatives that have been on this forum I found the Ghost Armor Rep to be the most helpful and I plan on using some Christmas $$ to buy their screen protector and replace the IS one.
    12-07-08 06:54 AM
    I'm thinking about buying one.
    Right now I have the little one that comes in the three pack for $10.00 USD from VZW

But I put them all on crappy so there's bubbles and hairs and it's very annoying
    01-02-09 07:03 AM
    THEY ARE ALL PRETTY MUCH THE SAME! I dont care what other people tell you its a clear plastic (sticker like) you put on your phone

Here are minor the differences between them all.
    BSE best if you want to save money
    IS if you like the textured orange peal look. also pretty thick material.
    GA (what I have) semi thick barely noticeable orange peal I'd almost say no orange peal.
    Phantom skinz. Thinnest material also the clearest one

If I had to choose again I would go with phantom skinz but I already went with GA and like I said they are all pretty much the same. Phantom skinz being the thinnest will provide less durability but honestly if you put your phone thru the environment that breaks any of these skins, well you frankly are not taking care of you phone. These skins are only for scratch protection, they will provide VERY limited shock protection
    Last edited by xxraffyxx; 01-02-09 at 04:36 PM.
    01-02-09 07:12 AM
    The main reason I want another one. Is so my fingerprints are going directly to screen. I barley get to encounters where something would scratch it. So where can I get phantom skinz? CB? or somewhere else? How much roughly?
    01-02-09 07:16 AM
    Google will get you hooked up

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-09 07:20 AM
    I've use Invisishield for my ipod and xv6700 in the past and it was pretty good. My Storm is covered with Ghost Armor and I like it better. No orange peel effect and IMO seems less noticeable that IS.
    01-02-09 07:21 AM
    All of you are confusing me

IDK what to get

I was just telling myself I'm definitely gonna get Phantom
    01-02-09 07:27 AM
    A random question:

Does the Storm originally come with a factory shield? I noticed that there was a small film over the screen but I didn't know if it was the stock screen protector or if it was nothing at all.
    01-02-09 12:55 PM
    The storm does come with a stock screen protector on it, however it is more meant to protect the screen during shipping then be used as a full protector. Verizon does sell OEM protectors, but I have found they tend to be a bit less reliable then any of these products.

As for the sheild. I personally have used IS on my voyager and I put it on my Dad's and cousin's iPhone. I found it tends to add a tiny bit more sticky of a feel to it which to me was slightly annoying. As for protection, we tried all sorts of things, the only one that actually scratched the skin was a steak knife (I know I'm a bit nuts ), and it still didn't work its way through to the phone screen.

For my storm I went with PhantomSkinz, mostly because I found their customer service to be better then the other three. The main disadvantage is their only facility is in Phoenix so it is somewhat difficult to get them to help you put it on. Other then that, I have found the skin to be very useful, and does well in protecting my phone from scratches and other minor knicks here and there.

Hope this helps!
    01-02-09 02:07 PM
    The Storm is shipped with a screen protector, but not that durable once out of the box. Mine was scratched up within a week and I swapped it out with the 10$ Verizon one
    01-02-09 02:09 PM
    The Verizon ones are great. They are clear and very scratch resistant. You don't need to apply any type of liquid, just make sure the screen is dust free and apply. Very good screen protectors.
    01-02-09 02:11 PM
    Which has the easiest install?
    01-02-09 03:09 PM
    Which has the easiest install?
    I found Invisisheild and Phantomskinz about the same to put on. A little bit of a differant technique, and it takes some time to get used to, but once you get it, its not to terribly difficult.

Zagg (invisisheild makers) have mall carts all over the place that will install it for a small fee (not sure how much never had it done before). The guy that was doing them by where I am seemed to be very good and pretty fast as well.
    01-02-09 03:12 PM
    i went with ghost armor. I have it installed on my 8330 and i love it. i paid 580 bucks for my phone (no contract) so your damn right that i want it to look its best. i dont want something that looks like its got dimples all over it or sticks to everything... or even starts to change colors over time.. no thank you.. thats why i went with Ghost Armor.. it works for me.. the guy at the stand (arizona mills mall) was even telling me that they are going to be putting it on cars and motorcycles.. im def getting my motorcycle done if they come out with it.. my paint will never get a scratch or nick and id never have to wax it.. **** yea sign me up!!
    08-04-09 04:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD