I've gotten this error on the screen a few times and when I get that I can't use the web browser. A Battery Pull fixes it but I was wondering if anyone else gets this problem? A verizon rep said just pull the simcard out and it will work fine but I really don't like that answer.

I do get the When taking video the storm crashes but other than those 2 problems everything has been good.

Just not familiar with the simcard error, I heard the video is a know problem.

Thanks

Chris
    12-08-08 05:06 AM
    The sim card that Verizon gives you is not needed, plus it probably isn't even activated. That is why they tell you to take it out. It is only used when traveling internationally, and if you are going to be doing that a lot you should just get the phone unlocked.
    12-08-08 05:10 AM
    I've gotten this error on the screen a few times and when I get that I can't use the web browser. A Battery Pull fixes it but I was wondering if anyone else gets this problem? A verizon rep said just pull the simcard out and it will work fine but I really don't like that answer.

I do get the When taking video the storm crashes but other than those 2 problems everything has been good.

Just not familiar with the simcard error, I heard the video is a know problem.

Thanks

Chris
    On verizon it uses cdma which is was is inside the phone. The sim card itself is actually for networks over seas.

So if you aren't traveling out of country then it really is not needed.
    12-08-08 05:14 AM
    Ok, I understand but why would I get that error? And when it happens the
    web-browsing/mail notifications stop working? Then on a battery pull everything
    is ok.

I do the battery pull and it's great I get lots of notifications because maybe
    for like 1/2 a day I don't notice that things aren't working. I really shouldn't
    have to look at my phone to see if it's actually working all the time :-)

My thoughts either a bad simcard or a Storm problem. But if nobody else is
    having these problems then I shouldn't either.

Thanks
    12-08-08 05:23 AM
    verizon rep said just pull the simcard out and it will work fine but I really don't like that answer.
    Another solution is to go to OPTIONS: MOBILE NETWORK and the drop box for Network Technology and select 1XEV. There more than likely was a question on the first when it was first activated asking if you wanted to us GSM is available. By switching this option from Global to 1XEV you only allow the phone to look for EVDO coverage instead of Global. The reason you are getting this is because the phone has the sim card inserted and is looking for gsm as well, but the sim card is not activated. Hope this helps!--I had the same problem and have been going a week strong without the SIM card message
    12-08-08 06:03 AM
    would that prohibit me from roaming?

Now that I think about this, it usually happens when I'm in the basement of a Church or my Health Club where I don't
    have good signal. So maybe it's searching and getting confused and doesn't behave well when I come back up.
    12-08-08 06:34 AM
    I have not have not had any problems. I only intend to use my storm in the us only though.
    12-08-08 06:59 AM
    I had that issue but I just restarted it and never came back. Back when I have the BB8830 for Verizon, I had to call Verizon and they have to re-enter the SIM card info and I never had a problem again with it. Might be worth a shot to call them and have them re-register the information.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-08 07:14 AM
    I had the error a few times when I went to do the OTA upgrade but the phone wasn't in a 3G area. It hung up on "searching for available upgrades" and when I cleared it, I got the SIM card error.
    12-08-08 09:08 AM
    SIM errors.
    what OS you running?
    03-15-09 11:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD