Hi Everyone!
    I have only been a member of one forum like this before, and I am definitely a new guy around here! Gotta love how the storm is bringing so many new addicts into the crackberry fold!! Anyway, I have been browsing (**read: obsessed**) with the forum for a few weeks and everyone has already been so very informative. I wanted to purchase my first blackberry a little over a year ago and at the time, at verizon, I had a choice of the scroll-wheel one, the pearl or the world edition. Well, i hated the scroll wheel, and I wanted full QWERTY as opposed to suretype and the effing World Edition had no camera! So, I went went with the Q, with WinMo, and I have hated it pretty much since day one (but it had the full QWERTY AND the camera!) Anyhow, I have been following BlackBerry with a close eye ever since and finally it is about to be MY turn to jump into the CrackBerry addiction! And believe me, I cannot wait.
    I had a brief hands on experience at a Verizon store with the storm tonight, and I **promised** the store manager I wouldn't tell anyone, so we can keep it just between us, right? Anyway, the point is, I LOVE IT!! Yes, typing felt a little slower, but could be gotten used to pretty easily and all the other little flaws I keep reading about (the gap, etc) are so not obvious at all, the phone feels solid and looks almost elegant!
    I am rambling now, but my main point is, as a newbie, to introduce myself, and say hello to everyone. I know myself better than anyone, and when I become obsessed with something, it sticks. Now that I KNOW I will be getting my blackberry finally, I thought it would be in good form to say hello, because I will be around here often!
    Cheers!! and Happy "Christmas Eve"!!
    11-20-08 09:04 PM
    Awww! C'mon guys! (and girls!) Say hello!
    11-20-08 09:42 PM
    Hi Steve! I'm also new here. Will be around for a bit enjoying my new addiction...
    11-20-08 09:51 PM
    welcome to CB Steve, folks should be a bit more friendly after this weekend...
    11-20-08 09:54 PM
    Hey. Welcome to CB! Q9m was my first smartphone and it's time for a change. I am cautiously optimistic about the storm and Can't wait to give it a test drive.

BTW: If you haven't done so, you can introduce yourself in the "CrackBerry Newbies" forum. Kinda makes it more official.

Enjoy your addiction.
    11-20-08 09:56 PM
    Hi!! Thanks for saying hello! I am so psyched about my new addiction! lol!
    11-20-08 10:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD