I set my browser to internet explorer but a site i'm trying to access still says I need to download Internet Explorer Version 6.0 or greater, that my version is not supported... Any suggestions? Thanks, so far I love my Storm!!
    12-18-08 10:38 AM
    Wait - you have IE on your BB?
    12-18-08 10:39 AM
    I set my browser to internet explorer but a site i'm trying to access still says I need to download Internet Explorer Version 6.0 or greater, that my version is not supported... Any suggestions? Thanks, so far I love my Storm!!
    Wait - you have IE on your BB?
    You don't have IE on your blackberry, nor is there a BB version of it. What you have done is set the BB browser to report itself as Internet Explorer. This will cause it to work slightly better with pages optimized for IE and make the site give you the full version of the web page even if they have a mobile friendly version. Setting the BB browser to report itself as FF will acomplish the same thing.

It is possible to use Opera Mini on your Storm, you can find it in the OTA Apps sticky thread. Also a mobile version of FF is in the works, WE BELIEVE. Some of us are also hopeful (least I am) that Skyfire, which supports flash, will make a BB version.
    12-18-08 10:44 AM
    So if it says i need IE 6.0 or higher I am out of luck then?
    12-18-08 10:46 AM
    Basically. Its not a real ie
    12-18-08 10:52 AM
    Ok, that sucks. Thanks for the quick replies though!
    12-18-08 11:01 AM
    So if it says i need IE 6.0 or higher I am out of luck then?
    If the site wants you to have flash then YES you are out of luck, HOWEVER you might be able to get the site to work by turning on Java script. You can do this by starting up the browser, then clicking on the Blackberry key, then selecting Options, then Browser Configuration, then check allow Java Script Popups. You can also try enabling Java Script location under General Options. Try playing around with other settings too, if you want. This will slow down your browsing expierence so you may want to remember what settings you used and turn them off when you are done.
    12-18-08 11:04 AM
    You don't have IE on your blackberry, nor is there a BB version of it. What you have done is set the BB browser to report itself as Internet Explorer. This will cause it to work slightly better with pages optimized for IE and make the site give you the full version of the web page even if they have a mobile friendly version. Setting the BB browser to report itself as FF will acomplish the same thing.

It is possible to use Opera Mini on your Storm, you can find it in the OTA Apps sticky thread. Also a mobile version of FF is in the works, WE BELIEVE. Some of us are also hopeful (least I am) that Skyfire, which supports flash, will make a BB version.
    Whew. Thought I was on crack FOR REAL!!!
    12-18-08 11:37 AM

Sorry if I sound dumb....what is OTA? Trying to find Opera Mini.
    12-18-08 09:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD