Hey Guys,

I will be traveling abroad this summer and I have an unlocked VZW storm.

Verizon has already told me about their international plans with Vodafone, and I figured since my phone is unlocked, i might as well browse around.

does anyone know of any good networks located in Germany, Italy, and Paris?

essentially I want to find a good priced plan that will allow me to use every feature on my blackberry abroad via a different network.

thanks in advance.

I know this topic is atypical, but i figured it was worth asking.
    04-22-09 11:20 PM
    Vodafone is one of the European carriers out there. Or you can try T-Mobile as well.
    04-23-09 01:45 AM
    Just get the international plan. It will pro-rate whenever you use it and it will pro-rate your existing data plan. It ends up being about $1 extra. You still have to pay whatever the rate is where you're going for calls.
    04-23-09 02:42 AM
    The problem with blackberry plans is that the vast majority of networks \ carriers sell them on say 12 month terms. Your best bet would be to find providers who do blackberry plans on pay and go. There are very few of these, if any, in any of the countries you mention.

Ornage UK has just started pay and go plans for blackberry, would Orange France be the same I wonder?

Roaming rates within the EU would most likely be cheaper than the roaming rates of a US network. For example. I can roam in the EU for �3 per mb whereas if I was outside the EU it would cost me �6 per mb.

So instead of getting a plan in each country you could get a plan from ONE provider only taking into consideration their charges for roaming within the EU.

Also. Some of the UK networks have 'sister' networks in the EU for example on o2 UK I can roam in certain parts of italy on a 'home from home' basis ie no extra cost. Other EU networks may have similar agreements.

Hope that helps al ittle

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 03:09 AM
    Hey Guys,

I will be traveling abroad this summer and I have an unlocked VZW storm.

Verizon has already told me about their international plans with Vodafone, and I figured since my phone is unlocked, i might as well browse around.

does anyone know of any good networks located in Germany, Italy, and Paris?

essentially I want to find a good priced plan that will allow me to use every feature on my blackberry abroad via a different network.

thanks in advance.

I know this topic is atypical, but i figured it was worth asking.
    I am in Paris right now and I find that the Vodaphone network is rock solid. The storm has worked perfectly here. I am using the vzw data plan.

04-23-09 03:34 AM
    You may want to take a look at this thread I wrote in the Verizon Section. I was focused on a trip lasting only a few weeks.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/usi...ed-out-134632/

Rich
    04-23-09 07:24 AM
    T-Mobile is pretty much the Verizon of Germany. O2 is cheaper and reliable if you just want a voice plan.

04-23-09 08:40 AM
    Thank you! really this is very helpfull.

Do you guys think that it would beneficial/cheaper to get 3 different plans meaning 1 plan per country..

so for example.. be on T-mobile for Germany, Vodafone for Paris, and like Orange for Italy

Or is it best to get one carrier for the entire duration of the trip and just hope I get good service in each country...

Thanks
    04-23-09 04:53 PM
    I'm looking into the same thing. I am looking into italy and those areas. One thing I like is some of the cards I looked at give me free incoming calls from other countries and are about forty to fifty per card while I get twenty cents and below per min. This is the way I am looking at doing it, but also getting an unlimited data plan for the month

04-23-09 06:25 PM
    I'm looking into the same thing. I am looking into italy and those areas. One thing I like is some of the cards I looked at give me free incoming calls from other countries and are about forty to fifty per card while I get twenty cents and below per min. This is the way I am looking at doing it, but also getting an unlimited data plan for the month

if you don't mind me asking, which plan/carrier provided you with the plan you just described?

Im looking to save money and have great service while away! and I really want to take advantage of being able to use my storm abroad oppose to renting one of those phones from like cellcom or something.
    04-27-09 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD