First post on crackberry and it's an interesting one... for me at least

Not sure if anyone else is encountering this problem, or maybe I just haven't figured out how to remedy it yet, but here it goes.

I've had the storm for about a month now, and I've been fooling around with all the apps like any curious person would and I've come to figure out that when I turn the phone OFF (not charging it at night... usually I still have 50% battery life left) before I go to bed and wake up in the morning to turn it on and check email... the phone is completely dead and needs to be charged for a good period of time before the radio will even consider turning on.

Any ideas on why it still drains the battery even when it's off... and what I can do to stop it? if possible?

thanks
    06-09-09 12:42 AM
    Turning it "Off" actually just puts it on standby, not fully shuts it off.

Just throw it on the charger...lol
    06-09-09 12:57 AM
    Even if it's on Standby his battery shouldn't be dead when he awakes especially if it was at 50%
    06-09-09 01:10 AM
    Even if it's on Standby his battery shouldn't be dead when he awakes especially if it was at 50%
    I still don't understand why people refuse to charge every night, lol. I don't even understand why people shut their phone off every night.

The only time my phone has been off is when I'm doing a battery pull
    06-09-09 01:16 AM
    Are there apps running in the background when you turn it off (go into standby)? About every other night, I don't charge my phone, but I put it in Bedside Mode. Have you tried that? I might loose 5 or 10% overnight doing it that way.

Grey
    06-09-09 07:43 AM
    inorder for the phone to be "off" the battery needs to be out.
    06-09-09 08:24 AM
    same whats with people? not true addicts i guess
    06-09-09 08:24 AM
    I still don't understand why people refuse to charge every night, lol. I don't even understand why people shut their phone off every night.

The only time my phone has been off is when I'm doing a battery pull
    Your battery only has a certain number of cycles before it cannot hold a charge anymore. Every time it hits the charger one of the cycles is gone.
    06-09-09 08:30 AM
    Your battery only has a certain number of cycles before it cannot hold a charge anymore. Every time it hits the charger one of the cycles is gone.
    Then just go buy a new battery. Some people won't even have their storms their entire year or two year plans so the battery isn't going to run out before that time is over. Or at least that's what I read, I don't understand batteries.

Btw: I charge my phone every night. I'm one of those people who'll just go buy a new battery if it dies before I get my new phone in the next year lol.
    06-09-09 11:10 AM
    You can get a battery on ebay for less then $10.

Open your storm, look at the model # on the battery then search on ebay and get an OEM one and you can get it in the USA too. I bought one and it holds a much better charge then the one that came with my phone ever did.
    06-09-09 11:14 AM
    I assure you that it will last longer than the 2 years that you might have the phone even if you charge it every night.
    06-09-09 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD