I was wonderin when the storm2 comes out if we wait a few months and accidently smash my storm1 what phone would they send out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-09 10:17 AM
    Storm 1..unless you have had to replace the storm 1 about 5 times already...
    08-31-09 10:22 AM
    Storm 1, for well over a year, I'm sure. After the Treo 650 came out I had 3 600's sent to me as replacements during a 14 month period.
    08-31-09 10:25 AM
    I was wonderin when the storm2 comes out if we wait a few months and accidently smash my storm1 what phone would they send out

Gotta love insurance fraud.

08-31-09 10:27 AM

Wow... really??
    08-31-09 10:28 AM
    This is funny...you want to commit insurance fraud and leave a written record of your intent on a public web site.
    08-31-09 10:46 AM

Insurance fraud? Clearly the OP is presenting a hypothetical situation that IF purely by accident, the day after the Storm 2 is released, after working under his car, that he forgets his phone under the tire, and backs over it, and possibly drive forward again....what would happen to his replacement? You know if that kind of thing happened.

Geez what is the world coming to...
    08-31-09 11:52 AM
    This is funny...you want to commit insurance fraud and leave a written record of your intent on a public web site.
    He's protected by his anonymity, despite his extreme lack of character.
    08-31-09 12:13 PM
    He's protected by his anonymity, despite his extreme lack of character.
    Quite true. Notwithstanding the fact that the odds of getting "busted" are slim to none, I sincerely hope those contemplating anything on the order of what was suggested by the OP realize that such action will burden those who would never consider it; those of us who would never consider filing anything other than an *honest* claim are subsidizing those who file fraudulent claims. The latter are just passing the costs on to the rest of us.
    08-31-09 12:54 PM
    HAHA this is funny. Not only would you have to pay the deductible but they would give you the storm 1.

Another hypothetical situation: Say you got the storm 1 replacement and "accidentally ran over it again" would they still send a storm 1? How about if you did this five times? (FYI two phone claims per year) come on man either suck it up and wait for your contract to be up or buy it flat out.

Think about this: I paid 200 for my storm, if I had waited a year from release I could have gotten the storm 1 for 50 bucks. In one year from storm 2 release date the price will drop because a new BB will have come out, or the storm 3 will be in production. This also allows the bugs to be worked out.
    08-31-09 12:57 PM
    If you're really really lucky. Asurion will send you Storm 1 as long as they have it in their stock (regardless of new or refurbished). If they don't have one in stock, they'll tell you and let you know the comparable models to Storm 1. At that time, I'm not so sure if Storm 2 will be considered a comparable model but they will give you a list of options that you can take as a replacement.

* I doubt Asurion will run low or out of refurbished Storms as there are tons of refurbished Storms available.
    08-31-09 03:01 PM
    You probably get the storm1. They will definitely not give you a storm2 unless you work something out but that's a maybe.

08-31-09 04:37 PM
    Most likely Storm 1. I'm sure they have plenty of refurbished returns to feed their supply for quite some time.
    08-31-09 04:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD