I know u can IM but, verizon charges IMs as text messages/sms. How can u make them be charges as data? Please help?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-08 10:45 AM
    Instant Messages in AIM, Yahoo, etc are charged as data because they're on the internet. SMS texts are subject to the limits of your plan unless you wisely choose Unlimited texting.
    11-20-08 10:47 AM
    There's a good discussion already going about this. Check it out here...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/ver...ssaging-97999/

OR on the main page. hehe
    11-20-08 10:48 AM
    Umm, yeah...Verizon wireless charges all IMs as SMS people! How can I change that so they charge my data!!! I'm a college guy, my $ is limited

11-20-08 10:50 AM
    Umm, yeah...Verizon wireless charges all IMs as SMS people! How can I change that so they charge my data!!! I'm a college guy, my $ is limited

Did you not read the thread above your post..

The Blackberry Apps for each individual IM uses it through the Blackberry Internet Service and not through SMS...

Stay in touch with your personal contacts

BlackBerry smartphones support the following instant messaging applications2 when integrated with BlackBerry� Internet Service.
    BlackBerry - Instant Messaging

Then if you check each of the System Reqs they state they need the Blackberry Internet Service to function.

Mobile IM available through Verizon directly and mostly found on "dumbphones" is the instant messenger that counts toward SMS.
    11-20-08 11:10 AM
    My bad, my bad...delete the thread, and thankx for answers

11-20-08 11:12 AM
    MobileIM (pre-installed on the Storm) gives you all the different IM clients but uses Verizon text allotment.

If you go to the Blackberry website and download your own 3rd party IM clients you will use data & not text charges.
    11-20-08 11:32 AM
    check beejive.com
    11-20-08 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD