Ok, downloaded the new 5.0 OS thru DM... and cannot find BlackBerry Messenger.. i reinstalled it thru App World, its showing that its installed, looked thru Applications, and it shows that i have it, under Add-on, but i have no icon on my home screen.. I checked Instant Messaging, Downloads, etc. folder and nothing at all. I hold BB Key to see if its running but nothing except phone, home screen, messages & browser.. Also when i turn the storm in landscape it has 2 white bars on the left and right sides, only when im on the home screen, but when i go to internet and any other app its fine..

If anyone knows how to get BBM, & what might be wrong with the 2 white bars... please help.

Thanks
    Last edited by megamef; 10-26-09 at 09:30 AM.
    10-26-09 09:28 AM
    Delete bbm from your phone completely, and then go to blackberry.com/blackberrymessenger from your phone's browser and redownload from there (should fix the prob w/ bbm)

as for the white bars, it's a known bug w/ 3rd party themes. the fix is:

in landscape: press bb button> options> change wallpaper (change to whatever wallpaper you want to use, if you like the default wallpaper for the theme, ask the theme maker to post the pic, or do a search for it)> save and then exit and i usually go back portrait to the home screen.

after that, go landscape again > bb button> options> layout> today> save> exit

and finally landscape> bb button> options> layout> 2 rows> save> exit and it should be fixed. seems like a lot for a fix for a theme, but until plazmic is patched again, or they fix the os to be backwards compatible it's this or stock precision zen (not sure too many theme builders are ready to redo all of their themes just to fix this the right way)
    10-26-09 09:33 AM
    thanks.... that fixed it
    10-26-09 09:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD