Installed .122 and operationally all is well. But, I lost all personal information such as Contacts, Browser Bookmarks, Password Keeper entries, QuickLaunch settings, etc. I had performed a device and 3rd party backup before upgrading. I restored the 3rd party stuff but still no personal info. If I do a device restore will that in effect back off the firmware update? Any idea on how to retrieve my personal data or what I did wrong to lose it? Thanks for any help!
    04-18-09 12:21 AM
    Installed .122 and operationally all is well. But, I lost all personal information such as Contacts, Browser Bookmarks, Password Keeper entries, QuickLaunch settings, etc. I had performed a device and 3rd party backup before upgrading. I restored the 3rd party stuff but still no personal info. If I do a device restore will that in effect back off the firmware update? Any idea on how to retrieve my personal data or what I did wrong to lose it? Thanks for any help!
    Did you do a Back-Up via DM? If you Backed up properly you should have a saved Back Up file with todays date in the file title and you can restore via DM.
    04-18-09 12:26 AM
    If you restore from the backup, it doesn't affect the OS update. There is also a way to pick and choose what you want to restore from DM. I remember it's somewhere in the restore/backup section.
    04-18-09 12:34 AM
    Gota restore the backup.... no, it won't mess with the OS version.
    04-18-09 12:34 AM
    OK, thanks everybody. I did a backup using DM before updating to .122. I'll go ahead and do the restore. Anything to keep from having to find and re-enter all that information!
    04-18-09 03:10 AM
    Yes I lost all my personal info and settings. Had to reinstall and reset everything. Been great since

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-09 04:12 AM
    Once you have loaded the O.S. onto your phone There is a backup loader you have to Reinstall..DM makes one for you put it on desktop so easy to find.....Hope that maybe help SOMEONE....
    04-18-09 07:14 AM
    Mine did the same. Back up restore worked fine.
    04-18-09 08:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD