When I use the red button to turn off the Storm and then plug it in to the wall for charging the green light blinks and becomes solid when charged.

Well, as of last night it was suggested to me that I charge with it on.

Well, there is no indicator light. Why?
    02-12-09 12:55 AM
    Becuase the battery icon has the lightning bolt indicator when it's charging, and goes away when it's done.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 01:37 AM
    Who suggested to charge it while its on? It doesn't matter which way you charge it

02-12-09 02:03 AM
    Sorry to thread jack . But I have a related question .

I've only had my Storm for a week so far so I'm learning about this thing. I charge my phone while its turned on. When I plug in the charger a clock with date & time comes up so I don't see my home screen. Because of this I don't know when the phone is completely charged .

Is there a way to turn that clock off or is there an App out there that can monitor the phone when charging .

Thanks , Coop
    02-12-09 03:27 PM
    Open the clock app and go into options. There's an option for what to do when charging.

02-12-09 03:29 PM
    Sorry to thread jack . But I have a related question .

I've only had my Storm for a week so far so I'm learning about this thing. I charge my phone while its turned on. When I plug in the charger a clock with date & time comes up so I don't see my home screen. Because of this I don't know when the phone is completely charged .

Is there a way to turn that clock off or is there an App out there that can monitor the phone when charging .

Thanks , Coop
    Wow...umm, you can operate the phone on the charger you know, lol. Just press the back button and you get your homepage.
    02-12-09 03:30 PM
    Open the clock app and go into options. There's an option for what to do when charging.

Thanks for your help .
    02-12-09 03:55 PM
    thanks guys.
    02-13-09 01:21 AM
    My Storm 9500 battery charge lightning strike does not disappear no matter how long it's charging for. Any ideas?
    02-23-09 09:03 AM
    What OS u using? I had that prob with the original release software that came with the phone but after the unofficial leaks (now at .106) it charges with the lightning indicator and goes out when charged - battery life is much better too
    02-24-09 05:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD