This maybe very simple but I can seem to find the answer. How do increase the speed in which my email is retrieved by my Storm? It seems to be taking at least 5 mins for my emails to show up on my BB. I use comcast email if that makes a difference. Again I am sorry if this is really easy and I just missed something.
    12-09-08 12:01 PM
    Did you set up your e-mail through BIS on your home computer? Because, unless I'm mistaken, your e-mail should be pushed to your phone whenever a new one is delivered.
    12-09-08 12:15 PM
    It all really depends on your email server I think. GMail is almost instantaneous for me. However my work email which is an Outlook server can take about 5 minutes.
    12-09-08 12:16 PM
    No I just set it up on the Storm itself... following the instructions on the screen when prompted.
    12-09-08 12:47 PM
    This maybe very simple but I can seem to find the answer. How do increase the speed in which my email is retrieved by my Storm? It seems to be taking at least 5 mins for my emails to show up on my BB. I use comcast email if that makes a difference. Again I am sorry if this is really easy and I just missed something.
    You've set up your email on BIS. The interval is set by RIM and works roughly like this:

Checks every 15 minutes. If it finds email, it will send said email to the BB and then it will then check 3 times at 3 minute intervals. If new mail is found during those 3 minute checks, a new 3 x 3 cycle will begin until no email is found for 9 minutes, at which time it will go back to checking in 15 minute intervals.

Gmail and Yahoo Mail are supposed to be true push and near instaneous forwarding to your BB from those services.

Personally, I don't think I've waited more than 5 minutes for an email, but that's how it's supposed to work.
    12-09-08 12:54 PM
    mail isnt retrieved, it is pushed to you so it is all at the server end. With my 4 email accounts set up on the BIS server, sometimes i get mail before it shows up in outlook, most times fairly simultaneously
    12-09-08 12:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD