So I remember seeing this picture on Engadget and reading this part of the article........

There's a very, very loud built-in speaker for pushing out your tunes old school, and an included dock for enjoying movies in such a fashion -- when docked the phone also doubles as an alarm clock, and is plenty loud enough to pull it off.

Is there actually going to be a dock included when purchasing the phone from Verizon? Hope someone can clear this up for me.....
    10-11-08 07:48 PM
    well the review does say INCLUDED so take that as a yes. why not its a good option for travelers. remember they are targeting "pro-sumers"
    10-11-08 08:08 PM
    That's the way I understood it. He also had alot of other Storm accessories to, so idunno.
    10-11-08 08:09 PM
    that dock is sexy! MAKES ME MORE IMPACIENT! Haha christmas here i come
    10-11-08 08:12 PM
    wow. youre waiting til christmas???
    10-11-08 08:16 PM
    Early christmas for me, that's for sure...
    10-11-08 08:19 PM
    ehh, im 14 :] haha my christmas present. Im getting under my moms name, gonna activate for me.
    10-11-08 08:20 PM

Dang I cant wait till the Pre-orders or online orders starts let alone Christmas... good luck on holding out till then. :P
    10-11-08 08:38 PM
    I'm digging that docking station as well, but I'm going to have to wait til christmas at the EARLIEST. that is unless the vzw/alltel merger is somehow completed and everything changed over in the next few weeks which I highly doubt
    10-11-08 08:42 PM
    how nice a working dock unlike the one for the curve, i can see the light is off
    10-11-08 09:19 PM
    I'm not too familiar with BB's as this would be my first.......so for you Blackberry users....has RIM ever included a docking station with any of their phones?
    10-12-08 12:58 AM
    very simple docking station, but one of the best coolness factors!!!

.... doesn't look like you will be able to use docking statoin with a protective sleeve on the storm
    10-12-08 01:05 AM
    On 8/27, Engadget had an unboxed (Verizon) Storm, and the picture was also posted here on CrackBerry.com. The box artwork listed everything included with the Storm, including a travel charger. It did not mention a docking station.

That's hardly a definitive answer, since they might could conceivably call the dock a 'travel charger', or the box artwork from a month ago may have not been final, or whatever. But the available information seems to indicate that the dock is not included with the phone.

I certainly wouldn't mind being wrong!
    10-12-08 09:41 AM
    The box artwork listed everything included with the Storm, including a travel charger. It did not mention a docking station.
    Well I too hope the docking station will come in box. If not I would be disappointed to see it being priced unfairly ($35+) disappointed because even if it would be a cheap plastic docking station I would still pay a pretty penny for it
    10-13-08 01:55 AM
    While we are on the subject, does anyone know what else is included like a case or microsd card?
    10-13-08 02:30 AM
    While we are on the subject, does anyone know what else is included like a case or microsd card?
    As of now, I think the image of the box below gives the best idea of what we can expect "might" come in the box.....could have easily changed by now tho....
    10-13-08 03:15 AM
    I know alot of the early stuff was saying an 8Gb card would be included. But since all the new reveals in the past week, I haven't seen any mention of that at all. I would definitely be very dissapointed if they did not include an 8 or 16 Gb card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-08 03:16 AM
    I know that they will include a 8gb SDHC card pre-installed RIM wouldn't be stupid not to do so. Plus the 16gb will be readily available tho at launch.
    10-13-08 03:36 AM
    the accessories offered in the box are completely up to verizon. even that pointless sleeve offered with pearls and curves was verizons great idea.
    10-13-08 06:27 AM
    Not sure if yousaw this, dock from side view

BlackBerry Storm hands-on - Engadget
    10-13-08 07:43 AM
    This is going to be an early birthday present for me and I guess an early Christmas present for my wife since she is getting my iPhone - :P
    10-13-08 09:01 AM
    how nice a working dock unlike the one for the curve, i can see the light is off
    The light is off because it isn't plugged in. You nor I can confirm this yet, but going off the rest of the photos from engadget it wasn't
    10-14-08 02:44 AM
    I'm pretty sure dock will not be included. They will give you the SD card and all the other regular accessories....but that dock looks really awesome...

I don't think the packaging above is what the device will be boxed in, on Vodafone or Verizon...just throwing it out there...
    10-14-08 03:26 AM
    I'm pretty sure dock will not be included. They will give you the SD card and all the other regular accessories....but that dock looks really awesome...

I don't think the packaging above is what the device will be boxed in, on Vodafone or Verizon...just throwing it out there...
    I agree with no dock,that is gonna be an accessory they push at the store.
    10-14-08 07:45 AM
    I agree with no dock,that is gonna be an accessory they push at the store.
    that i will HAVE to buy! haha ha
    10-14-08 08:17 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD