I get pretty good signal strength overall on my phone, everywhere but at my house. I usually only get 0-3 bars and data is usually between 1x and 1X and very occasionally 3G for a minute or 2. I have my mobile network settings set to 1XEV instead of Global. Just want to know what the best settings would be to improve call & data signal at my house? And if there are any tricks to help improve it at my house.
    10-09-09 10:35 AM
    WHAT! There are no dead zones in Verizon. Well according to the commercials. You can try *228 opt. 2 to update the "coverage" area. It doesn't help me much but thats what the reps say. You can also see whats killing the signal IE: TV, Microwave, Wireless router and such. My signal goes down sometimes when I get close to one of those.
    10-09-09 10:44 AM
    Yeah its pretty much a full block radius of awful coverage. Alot of times its even worse outside than inside. My roomate has an iphone and has to use mine every time to make calls (his never gets reception). But he atleast has WIFI and can still use it for everything data related. I'll try *228 when I get home hopefully it could make some kind of difference.
    10-09-09 10:59 AM
    i get pretty good reception everywhere i go, my house not so good either

that is, i live where there is a lot of trees, trees tend to kill signals

do u hv tree or whatever that may block the signal?
    10-09-09 11:16 AM
    call vzw, i had two bars of 1XEV and now nothing. they said they were having their testers and engineers workin on it but that was two weeks ago. hope it works for u.
    10-09-09 11:28 AM
    that's like at my college, as soon as you step into the campus it goes down to 1x and then a lot of "searching for CDMA"
    10-09-09 12:48 PM
    yeah there are a good amount of trees by my house which may have alot to do with it since it really is only on my block that it gets severly affected. Its been like this since I got the phone in Feb.
    10-09-09 12:53 PM
    see i knew i wasn't going crazy when i'm in my house sometimes it says 3g and other times it says 1x, at my house i get no more then 3 bars. as soon as i get off my street tho i got full bars and be smooth sailing lol
    10-09-09 01:17 PM
    I had the same problem in my house. Had to do with electronics, concrete, etc. Bought a Verizon mini tower that connects to the internet and acts like a mini cell tower. Solved the problem.
    10-09-09 01:54 PM
    that's like at my college, as soon as you step into the campus it goes down to 1x and then a lot of "searching for CDMA"
    Maybe your school has a deal with another provider and thus does not allow VZW to put cell sites on its property. It's amazing what a few donations can do. I am NOT being facetious here.
    10-13-09 08:06 PM
    I get somewhat bad service at my house too. Only 1 tree in the front yard. I had 1XEV a lot today (the big storm prolly doesn't help)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-09 08:46 PM
    It's the same way at school for me.
    10-13-09 08:53 PM
    I get pretty good signal strength overall on my phone, everywhere but at my house. I usually only get 0-3 bars and data is usually between 1x and 1X and very occasionally 3G for a minute or 2. I have my mobile network settings set to 1XEV instead of Global. Just want to know what the best settings would be to improve call & data signal at my house? And if there are any tricks to help improve it at my house.
    call vzw and ask them to push you a hybrid prl , do it before 5pm cause that's when they do it, worked for me, it makes the phone search for alltel and i think sprint towers also,
    10-14-09 01:21 AM
    Does your phone actually say "3G" or "1XEV?" Aren't they the same thing? If on Verizon, it should say "1XEV," correct?
    10-14-09 08:46 AM
    Depends on where in at but it shows both at times mostly 3g in metro areas and 1xev in rurals not sure why but that's what I get
    10-19-09 02:29 AM
    Wow, I have a 9530 with Verizon and it has never said 3g. I always thought 1XEV was the best coverage.
    10-19-09 09:52 AM
    Wow, I have a 9530 with Verizon and it has never said 3g. I always thought 1XEV was the best coverage.
    3G only pops up if you are on a GSM network
    10-19-09 10:19 AM
    3G only pops up if you are on a GSM network
    Or if you load a the new software. Mine is cdma and says 3G all the time.
    10-19-09 10:41 AM
    (sigh) 1XEV is the CDMA version of 3G. UMTS/HSPA is the GSM version of 3G. The GSM folks have always used the generic term "3G" instead of the specific term "UMTS/HSPA", whereas CDMA providers have used the specific term "1XEV" for their 3G. Verizon is moving to "3G" for future releases, due to the confusion about this. They are tired of being asked "Why don't I get 3G coverage on my Verizon phone, like on my friend's at&t phone?"
    Last edited by CharlesH; 10-19-09 at 06:00 PM.
    10-19-09 05:52 PM
    For those who have no signal or need more signal strength, this is what you need:

wilsonelectronics.com//ViewProduct.php?ID=132]

Copy info to your browser, don't forget to add the www part!
    10-19-09 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD