How can I improve my battery life on my storm? With my curve I only ever had to charge it at night when I went to bed. The storm I have to charge in the middle of the day and at night going to bed. I don't have any apps running except the main ones,browser phone message home screen. I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by j_rambo77; 07-26-09 at 05:12 PM.
    07-26-09 05:07 PM
    You should change the Network setting to 1XEV instead of Global. That way your phones not constantly looking for a GSM signal. The only time you need it set to Global is if you leave the country. You can always change it back if you do plan on leaving the US. Also change the screen brightness to around 60 or so. I find that 60 is a good setting for me i get well over 14 hours of life from my battery.
    Last edited by paulwright1; 07-26-09 at 05:15 PM.
    07-26-09 05:13 PM
    More suggestions:
    Turn GPS to E911 only
    Bluetooth off
    Screen dims after 30 secs or less

Also, for help on searching (because there are quite a few threads on this that might help you further):

Go to "search forums" above, click on "advanced search" at the bottom of the search window. When it opens, type in "Storm Battery Life" and then click "search titles only" on the dropdown menu. Search away!
    07-26-09 05:22 PM
    More suggestions:
    Turn GPS to E911 only
    Bluetooth off
    Screen dims after 30 secs or less

Also, for help on searching (because there are quite a few threads on this that might help you further):

Go to "search forums" above, click on "advanced search" at the bottom of the search window. When it opens, type in "Storm Battery Life" and then click "search titles only" on the dropdown menu. Search away!
    all good suggestions but if you use a program that needs to use the GPS feature you might run into problems by setting it to E911 only.
    07-26-09 05:24 PM
    actually I have it set to 1XEV and my screen brightness is at the lowest possible setting, 10. I do use it a lot through the day though. I am always surfing the web on it. And texting a lot. Any other ideas???

07-26-09 05:25 PM
    Great thanks guys!!!

07-26-09 05:26 PM
    actually I have it set to 1XEV and my screen brightness is at the lowest possible setting, 10. I do use it a lot through the day though. I am always surfing the web on it. And texting a lot. Any other ideas???

if your surfing the web allot then you will have poor battery life. Not much you can do about that other than do it less. Or you could look into getting another battery.
    07-26-09 05:28 PM
    all good suggestions but if you use a program that needs to use the GPS feature you might run into problems by setting it to E911 only.
    Agreed. I tend to leave mine on, but I also always carry a fully-charged spare with me, a charger, and I have a docking station at work at home So I never worry too much about the battery life- and hey, it's all part of the game!
    07-26-09 05:32 PM
    Spare battery it is then. Thanks for all the suggestions guys!!!

07-26-09 05:35 PM
    Spare battery it is then. Thanks for all the suggestions guys!!!

You will never go wrong with a spare battery around. Glad we could help!
    07-26-09 05:43 PM
    I use a small rechargable usb battery pack and can give a partial charge during the day or use it while i am on a plane watching a movie. i almost never use my spare battery now. I think it was $17 on sales at buy.com.
    07-26-09 06:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD