I've set up IMAP Gmail for my storm through the Blackberry Internet Service site. The push is much quicker than it was before when I set it up through the device. However, my problem is that for my Gmail I like to archive messages I've read so only new and important emails stay in my inbox. The problem is that on my storm I loose these archived messages. Is there a way to have the storm store every email that is pushed to it while I can keep archiving read messages on Gmail?

Thanks,

REID
    04-09-09 07:16 PM
    I use the gmail app to access all my labeled, archived, and sent mail I just make sure to close and exit out.

Hope that helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-09 07:23 PM
    I use IMAP Gmail set to auto forward messages to my email @vzw.blackberry.net and "keep Gmails copy in the inbox". That way I can delete the copy on my BlackBerry and it stays in the Gmail inbox.
    I manage the account with Outlook on my desktop and with the Gmail web app (offline and online) on my laptop. It works great and I get new messages on my BB usually in 3-5 seconds
    04-09-09 08:31 PM
    I'm glad I set up the IMAP for my gmail, I get my emails fast! I like to have them automatically be marked as "read" in my online account when I view them off my Storm. Is it possible to have them be "read" if viewed online first?
    04-09-09 09:57 PM
    Is it possible to have them be "read" if viewed online first?
    Not with the current version of BIS.
    04-09-09 10:16 PM
    I'm going to piggyback on this thread, as it pertains to my question.

I enabled IMAP on my Gmail account, and set it up on my 9530 via BIS. I'm new to IMAP, but my understanding is that if you read an email on the phone, it should show up as read on your Gmail account; and vice versa.

However, I tested several messages and neither cases seem to work. When I read an email on my phone, it still shows up as unread on Gmail; and vice versa. I hit the "reconcile now" button and waited for up to 15 minutes, but no joy.

Does anyone know how I can get this to function properly?

Thanks!
    04-10-09 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD