I will be sending RIM what we as Crackberry members want to see in a future OS update. With the email I will be sending them a link to this thread. With enough support hopefully they listen.

I got the idea from this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/rim...es-not-107030/

So what I everyone to post your top 3 (in order) changes you want to see in future OS updates. I will start:

1. The OPTION to not have to click the screen when typing on the keyboard
    2. Flick scrolling
    3. Suretype in landscape mode

More in detail why and how

1. I love the surepress technology when I'm navigating apps, the web, and email, but typing I could type so much faster without it.
    2. Flick scrolling Iphone got it right! it works and it works great! but its no reason why RIM cant implement it too
    3. I have average (maybe even smaller then average) sized fingers and typing full QWERTY is too hard because the buttons are too small. I would love and option to have suretype in landscape mode, but I want them to take it a step further. Full QWERTY in right handed landscape mode ,but suretype in left handed landscape mode.

EDIT:
    This is not to analyze my top 3 request, I want to know what your top 3 is. I will then tally up the the most requested features, then I might set up a poll thread or just sent the email with that.
    Last edited by xxraffyxx; 12-16-08 at 02:09 AM.
    12-16-08 12:45 AM
    Not really looking into added features, but just an all around GOOD working phone. The basic apps that a Blackberry have need to perform at "Blackberry" level, meaning the phone app needs to be quick and snappy, keyboard (although the user needs to get adjusted) should be just as quick. Just ensuring that the basic requirements of the customer are met before developing any "other" cool things. (ie; flick scrolling and such.)
    12-16-08 12:49 AM
    surepress is THE feature of the storm, being able to disable is pretty useless although disabling it for some things would be nice.

f*** flick scrolling, its useless and inacurate. useless for a COUPLE things, and if people want it , why not?

suretype landscape, un needed, there are mistake correction features you know?

the only suggestion for adding to that list is we want theming...SOON.

and to fix the couple glitches and small lag some people are having still.

also, get the app store out NOW, waiting till march to release the app store is a mistake imo.
    12-16-08 12:52 AM
    my first blackberry was the 8703e, and then i followed that up with the curve 8330, so i have been using RIM's qwerty keyboards for quite some time now... that being said, the full qwerty keyboard on the storm was quite different. i too found the keys difficult to hit with accuracy; however, i find that the keyboard is fine now. i type on it with good speed and proficiency, and have confidence in it. i think, due to the click screen, accuracy in landscape depends in large part on your ability to learn the "click --> lift" thumb technique
    12-16-08 12:56 AM
    I have one, How about actually putting one of their phones in a Telus store.
    12-16-08 12:57 AM
    1) A way to lock the screen during calls. My cheek keeps hitting mute.
    2) Improved speed, too much lagging with accelerometer, picture viewing, unlocking, etc..
    12-16-08 01:03 AM
    someone made this exact same post yesterday and i posted what i want in it, i would find it since most people already gave their opinion and will a) not want to repeat what they did yesterday or b) think this is the same thread (as i did at first)
    12-16-08 01:06 AM
    Just ensuring that the basic requirements of the customer are met before developing any "other" cool things. (ie; flick scrolling and such.)
    Of course I meant to say that, Priority should be making the storm bug FREE.

surepress is THE feature of the storm, being able to disable is pretty useless although disabling it for some things would be nice.

f*** flick scrolling, its useless and inacurate. useless for a COUPLE things, and if people want it , why not?

suretype landscape, un needed, there are mistake correction features you know?
    Like I said I Love the surepress when I'm navigating around the phone, but when I'm typing an email I feel I've already peeked my typing speed

I'm not sure about you but on the Iphone it works really well you finger can flick thru long pages and also your finger acts like a break when you want to scrolling to stop.

suretype in landscape mode would mean bigger buttons and that (for me) would mean less mistakes

But I think we can agree at least give us the option to have these features.
    12-16-08 01:08 AM
    I think some sort of Screen Lock during phone calls is needed. Although you can do a lot with the Storm other than use it as a phone, talking for long periods of time on it sucks.

I'm tired of turning on the speakerphone during a call that I don't want the speakerphone to be on.
    12-16-08 01:37 AM
    flick scrolling is the only good idea you have on there. the phone was made for surepress if you dont like it get another freakin phone....... why cant you people undestand this. also why do you need sure type in landscape, that would look half assed. use the phone upright if you need suretype so bad, or buy a pearl.

i say we need
    flash player, flick scrolling and just the simple lag issues fixed
    12-16-08 01:50 AM
    Technically possible, but it's never going to happen. It would require a great deal of effort rewriting big chunks of the OS. Not to mention it undermines the single biggest selling point of the device.

2. Flick scrolling
    I don't really understand people's fascination with this feature. It's not really all that useful in the grand scheme of things.

Another never going to happen.

I would kind of like to see letter zooming like the LG Dare did with the qwerty keyboard. The blue highlighting is all well and good, but if your finger is blocking your view of what is highlighted... That feature annoyed the crap out of me at first, but now I kind of miss it. Just not enough to go back to my Dare.

I would also like something like the Dare had, where the screen would turn off when you held it up to your head. Maybe this could be combined with the screen locking. Assuming there's a fairly easy way to do this with the existing hardware. I just don't see any reason why the screen needs to be on while it's up to your ear. Turn it off to save on battery power until it detects that it's away from your ear again.

Of course I'd still prefer they spend the bulk of their time on performance tuning. I don't really have any issues with software bugs personally, but even though I don't mind a little lag here and there, I'll certainly take any performance tuning they can squeeze out of the code.
    12-16-08 01:55 AM
    flick scrolling is the only good idea you have on there. the phone was made for surepress if you dont like it get another freakin phone....... why cant you people undestand this. also why do you need sure type in landscape, that would look half assed. use the phone upright if you need suretype so bad, or buy a pearl.

i say we need
    flash player, flick scrolling and just the simple lag issues fixed
    i completely agree with your three!! flash player being the most important i think thats the only media advantage the iphone has over the storm. and also i think rim should make the download limit size a lot bigger. i hate trying to download a file from the web or and email attachment and getting that stupid exeeding limit message!!
    Last edited by bigzeak85; 12-16-08 at 02:14 AM. Reason: adding
    12-16-08 01:59 AM
    These are my top 3. I'm not asking for everyone to analyze my top 3. I'm asking for your top 3.

I will then tally up the most requested and send to to RIM

So lets try and keep this thread NICE and simple

Your top 3 requested features you would like to see on the storm (besides the given an overal snappy bug free OS)

Then you can (optional) list HOW and WHY you want that feature
    Last edited by xxraffyxx; 12-16-08 at 02:02 AM.
    12-16-08 02:00 AM
    I just have one. I would like a standby that is actually a standby. Like when I put my Curve on standby, I can put it in my pocket and not have to worry about it coming back to life until I hit that magical standby button again.

Jason
    12-16-08 02:30 AM
    My biggest issue is with the screen being active during a call.

I'd also like the flock scrolling or some other solution for scrolling thru long docs or contacts lists.

I personally love the click screen and have no want or need for that to be disableable.

As for suretype in landscape mode I'd prefer a better way to tell which key u are hovering over as my fingers cover the blue outline but I prefer a full keyboard in landscape mode myself.
    12-16-08 02:40 AM
    I have a BB 8703e with Bluegrass Cellular and an Apple iPhone 16GB with AT&T. There is not another phone that even compares to the iPhone. It's easy to navigate, the flick scrolling is impeccable, and the phone is actually extremely easy to hack. If you are going to pay for the pricey plans through Verizon then save your money and switch to AT&T.

Hunter Studle
    Student - WKU
    12-16-08 02:50 AM
    I will be sending RIM what we as Crackberry members want to see in a future OS update. With the email I will be sending them a link to this thread. With enough support hopefully they listen.

So what I everyone to post your top 3 (in order) changes you want to see in future OS updates. I will start:

2. Flick scrolling

1. I love the surepress technology when I'm navigating apps, the web, and email, but typing I could type so much faster without it.
    2. Flick scrolling Iphone got it right! it works and it works great! but its no reason why RIM cant implement it too
    3. I have average (maybe even smaller then average) sized fingers and typing full QWERTY is too hard because the buttons are too small. I would love and option to have suretype in landscape mode, but I want them to take it a step further. Full QWERTY in right handed landscape mode ,but suretype in left handed landscape mode.

EDIT:
    This is not to analyze my top 3 request, I want to know what your top 3 is. I will then tally up the the most requested features, then I might set up a poll thread or just sent the email with that.
    I kind of already did this....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/if-...-storm-115282/
    12-16-08 03:02 AM
    i completely agree with your three!! flash player being the most important i think thats the only media advantage the iphone has over the storm. and also i think rim should make the download limit size a lot bigger. i hate trying to download a file from the web or and email attachment and getting that stupid exeeding limit message!!
    The iPhone won't do flash....
    12-16-08 03:22 AM
    I have a BB 8703e with Bluegrass Cellular and an Apple iPhone 16GB with AT&T. There is not another phone that even compares to the iPhone. It's easy to navigate, the flick scrolling is impeccable, and the phone is actually extremely easy to hack. If you are going to pay for the pricey plans through Verizon then save your money and switch to AT&T.

Hunter Studle
    Student - WKU
    See the problem with following this advice is then you'd be on AT&T!!!
    12-16-08 03:24 AM
    This is'n really for the storm.... I'm a Bold user, but still...

I would really like an option to edit a contact information from the quick dial, call log screen menu, instead of having to go to Address Book, search the Name and then Edit Contact.
    12-16-08 03:38 AM
    I know there isn't a lot of room for another key, but I wish there was a cursor key to back up without deleting what I've typed to fix a letter. I hate trying to tap over the word to highlight the letter after and backspace. But a Flash player is my top wish. So much potential....left to be desired.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 05:48 AM
    There should be a way to fix the "Cheek muting" while holding the phone with your cheek by software. I'm not sure what programming language they use but something like this:

If(talking on phone) Then (screen press and hold= no function, screen click and release = function)

It should be very easy to fix this one with no use of a proximity sensor needed.
    12-16-08 06:37 AM
    1) Full QWERTY keyboard in portrait mode.
    2) Ability to place the phone into standby mode using either the Lock or Mute buttons on the top of the phone.
    3) "Flick" scrolling.
    12-16-08 07:11 AM

2. Flick scrolling

EDIT:
    The no click would be pretty cool to be able to turn it off or on, also I would really like a way that the bb would lock the screen automatically while in a call
    12-16-08 08:13 AM
    good luck on this thing.

RIM will fix things as they see fit over time.
    12-16-08 08:55 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD