I pumped this phone so hard, and to so many people ... it is now biting me in the ***. I mean friends, relatives, clients, prospects, strangers, internet buddies, blah blah blah ....

Also I work in technology (web design and software development) and my CTO is an iPhone nut ... he swore up and down the iPhone is the best thing since sliced bread! Until i began beating him up alittle bit on the storm ...

I made arguments such as "RIM knows what they are doing, this phone is going to be the shiznit ..." and "the vzappstore is going to take off huge, we better get on the bandwagon quick" and "your going to miss the boat if you don't start looking into storm development, it will be blowing the iPhone away since its on VZW"

I even argued that the apple store took 2yrs t be where it is, but all of those successful app companies will probably be immediately building a storm version as well. This alone will make the vzappstore blow up, and in turn it will make the storm even more popular!

Then i made the usual arguments about how the storm has a higher res camera flash, auto focus, zoom, horizontal keyboard, MMS, video, copy/paste, BB Messaging, etc ....

man i argued this damn thing to death! You woulda thought i was a damn VZW sales rep lol.

Anyhow, now my foot is in my mouth because on a daily basis i get emails about a different newspaper calling the phone crap, or another blogger saying he has it and hates it, and on and on, etc etc ...

My CTO isn't wanting to hear "oh yea, well just wait for the OS update, THEN we will be the best!" lol

Anyone else have their foot stuck in their mouth?
    12-03-08 06:44 PM
    oh PS, im not a ship jumper ... i do have an iphone, and will also be getting the storm for xmas from my wife. I happen to be in the position where i can carry both for a while. I just hope to god its in stable condition there without having to use a leaked OS repair kit

I want to be able to BOAST my phone! Not hide it lol
    12-03-08 06:47 PM
    Talk ****, get hit...
    12-03-08 06:47 PM
    I'm in a similar situation. My uncles and a few of my cousins all just got iPhones. The first Storm they play with will probably be mine at Christmas, and I don't want it to be a buggy POS. I know I can wait for new software revisions, but they will way quicker to judge it if something messes up that day.
    12-03-08 06:50 PM
    I pumped this phone so hard, and to so many people ... it is now biting me in the ***. I mean friends, relatives, clients, prospects, strangers, internet buddies, blah blah blah ....

Also I work in technology (web design and software development) and my CTO is an iPhone nut ... he swore up and down the iPhone is the best thing since sliced bread! Until i began beating him up alittle bit on the storm ...

I made arguments such as "RIM knows what they are doing, this phone is going to be the shiznit ..." and "the vzappstore is going to take off huge, we better get on the bandwagon quick" and "your going to miss the boat if you don't start looking into storm development, it will be blowing the iPhone away since its on VZW"

I even argued that the apple store took 2yrs t be where it is, but all of those successful app companies will probably be immediately building a storm version as well. This alone will make the vzappstore blow up, and in turn it will make the storm even more popular!

Then i made the usual arguments about how the storm has a higher res camera flash, auto focus, zoom, horizontal keyboard, MMS, video, copy/paste, BB Messaging, etc ....

man i argued this damn thing to death! You woulda thought i was a damn VZW sales rep lol.

Anyhow, now my foot is in my mouth because on a daily basis i get emails about a different newspaper calling the phone crap, or another blogger saying he has it and hates it, and on and on, etc etc ...

My CTO isn't wanting to hear "oh yea, well just wait for the OS update, THEN we will be the best!" lol

Anyone else have their foot stuck in their mouth?
    Well he/she needs to remember that the iPhone had/has problems when it first came out and still does. Just put it into perspective.
    12-03-08 06:52 PM
    Its already awesome and it will get better quick won't have to wait a year

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-08 06:59 PM
    I've had the opposite reactions. People with Iphones, Moto Q, Palm Treos have told me their phone is crap compared to mine and they're right. One guy at work that has a in Iphone asked me to show it to him as soon as i got it and i did. He was like Whoa and he keeps asking me to play with it. LOL.
    12-03-08 07:00 PM
    Well he/she needs to remember that the iPhone had/has problems when it first came out and still does. Just put it into perspective.
    he doesnt want to hear perspective lol, he wants to know what will make the company money right now. And he is right, its not the storm.

Its my fault for pumping this thing across the entire eastern coast, as if i made a profit on every unit sold lol

i know it will be fixed, and in my heart i know it will blow the iphone out of the water ... but thats down the road. As of right now, i will work on getting my foot out of my mouth

BTW, lets say it takes a year to perfect this beast .... whos to say Apple doesnt have something up their sleeves on the verge of release?

Maybe Apple wil see the hype on the Storm and realize what features they need to add to the iphone for the next release lol
    12-03-08 07:02 PM
    he doesnt want to hear perspective lol, he wants to know what will make the company money right now. And he is right, its not the storm.

Its my fault for pumping this thing across the entire eastern coast, as if i made a profit on every unit sold lol

i know it will be fixed, and in my heart i know it will blow the iphone out of the water ... but thats down the road. As of right now, i will work on getting my foot out of my mouth

BTW, lets say it takes a year to perfect this beast .... whos to say Apple doesnt have something up their sleeves on the verge of release?

Maybe Apple wil see the hype on the Storm and realize what features they need to add to the iphone for the next release lol
    To tell you the truth, I bet Apple already has demos of a new model with all and more features than the Storm. Its just their nature. They come out with revisions of everything like once a year. Their whole corporate model is based around trendy technology, which would relate to its customer base having the most advanced, "bling" factored technology at any cost.
    12-03-08 07:06 PM
    I don't get these posts. Cell phones are a matter of personal choice. What may work for one person is an unmitigated nightmare for someone else. So all I really care about is whether or not a given phone works FOR ME. Screw everyone else, it's ME, and NOT them who has to use the phone.

Also, at the end of the day, it's a bloody PHONE! How sad and pathetic does your life have to be that you look to a CELL PHONE to fill the void?

If someone likes the Jesus Phone, good for them, I don't give two craps. I played with one a few months ago for an hour or two, and it struck me as being about 80% style, 20% substance. The Storm seems to be pretty much the exact opposite. May not always be much to look at, and it can be a bit clunky at times, but by the gods the possibilities are nearly endless in regards to what you can do with it. That fits ME much better than the Jesus Phone's way of doing things. So again, who gives a rats arse what anyone ELSE thinks, what do YOU think? If you need to seek validation in the actions of others, you have bigger problems to deal with.
    12-03-08 07:07 PM
    Who cares if it blows the iPhone out of the water? I don't get why people have to defend the iPhone or X product all the time. Saying you're an ***** for buying this, my product is the best, etc. I could understand if you worked for the company, but most people don't. Why keep talking about how great the iPhone is. Its a phone, a product you or someone else chose to buy. Thats it, period. No need to prove someone that your product is better and keep saying how great it is, you aren't making any money from it or any type of profit from it are you? I'm tired of the fanboy stuff with products like this. If you are happy with it great, and if someone else isn't too bad, thats why they didn't buy that product.

/soapbox

As a personal note maybe I am a little bitter. I work at Best Buy and always have people coming in saying how Bose is the best and all other companies such for modulating or imitating Bose. WHO CARES? Again, you don't work for the company so why sell me on something because other brands copy it -- its natural to do so. Its better this happens so we can have competition, not just one phone that does it all and nothing else, we wouldn't want a monopoly now would we? Don't really know where I am going with this, just wanted to rant
    12-03-08 07:08 PM
    Its already awesome and it will get better quick won't have to wait a year

But will it get more( awesome)( I just spell checked this word, does it seem right to anyone?) without having to buy another one?
    12-03-08 07:08 PM
    The title of the thread is hilarious LOL

12-03-08 07:09 PM
    People that I talk to love my phone. They can't believe what it can do. My sister is even jealous that I have a high tech piece of equipment. It does everything. Sometimes not so well but it will get there. Rome wasn't built in a day
    12-03-08 07:13 PM
    Well quietly to myself...I hated the lag, and was wondering about the touchscreen typing. After a few days...and getting the update...I'm good with it. Plus...I'm getting all the questions and stares now. I feel like the popular kid in school again!
    12-03-08 07:13 PM
    You should have asked to see the battery in his Iphone. Lol
    12-03-08 07:15 PM
    Well quietly to myself...I hated the lag, and was wondering about the touchscreen typing. After a few days...and getting the update...I'm good with it. Plus...I'm getting all the questions and stares now. I feel like the popular kid in school again!
    I still don't get what lag sme of you guys are talking about? The only lag my phone has is a little in the acceleromter and that was on .65 before the update.
    12-03-08 07:22 PM
    I've had the opposite reactions. People with Iphones, Moto Q, Palm Treos have told me their phone is crap compared to mine and they're right. One guy at work that has a in Iphone asked me to show it to him as soon as i got it and i did. He was like Whoa and he keeps asking me to play with it. LOL.
    That's been more my experience. I constantly have people at work peeking over my shoulder wondering what the "ticking" sound is when I'm typing on it

My old iPhone is sitting in my living room right now. My wife uses it now. I don't regret giving it to her one bit. I LOVE my Storm.
    12-03-08 07:23 PM
    That's been more my experience. I constantly have people at work peeking over my shoulder wondering what the "ticking" sound is when I'm typing on it

My old iPhone is sitting in my living room right now. My wife uses it now. I don't regret giving it to her one bit. I LOVE my Storm.
    Comments like these make me love my phone even More!
    12-03-08 07:25 PM
    nope i talked **** and still talkin it my friends all want the phone lol several co workers are interested also
    12-03-08 07:27 PM
    You mean for once?
    12-03-08 07:27 PM
    You mean for once?
    No smarta$$ I mean like again. Matter of fact I'm still popular...just not in school
    12-03-08 07:29 PM
    Quite possibly we were all a little to excited about the Storm. I talked it up to, to friends, family, **** who ever would listen. Mine shows up tomorrow and I want to do everything I can to fix all the small stuff before I show it to anyone. By that I mean install the update and check the screen click.

Every little bit helps.
    12-03-08 07:32 PM
    the people I know just want to see it and say ahh cool.. thats about it...

"and do you like it"
    12-03-08 07:36 PM
    Isn't this latest iPhone the latest and greatest, updated, brand new, worked all the bugs out, super slick, new generation of iPhone, iPhone...?

I love my Storm....

I don't really give a crap that I can't shake it and find the nearest iShushi bar.

The Blackberry Storm is an all around smarter device.

And you don't get forked when the battery needs replaced..... I can take a picture of my dogs beans and send them to a friend if I like... It can do lots of things that the iPhone can't and I don't give a shiznit about wifi....

Its barely 2 weeks old..... When Einstein was two weeks old he was still crappin' himself from time to time..... But you know, it all worked out and he was a freakin' genius....

If in a couple/few years of development there are still monumental recurring problems, well then, thats something to consider....

But I doubt there will be....

I read somewhere on the RIM website that the Storm makes you smarter too....
    12-03-08 07:51 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD