Newbie here and have searched all the forums, tried to follow all the advice but just cant seem to grasp it!!

1. I was looking at uploading a movie to my phone, I downloaded all the applications to my PC (the one that changes the format to MP4) but for some reason my computer doesnt recognise my phone! I tried looking at "my computer" only to find I dont have the "G" drive or the media card etc. I have all the setting ON on my Blackberry, checked the USB cord in all the ports, removed and installed again the BB desktop and BB drivers but STILL NOTHING!

2. I eventually gave up all hope and went to sync my itunes on my phone via the media sync thing the comes with the desktop manager but again comes up with the message "cannot find connected phone" even though it hsa my pin on the desktop page.

This is really doing my head in as these things seem to be working for others just not for me. I even downloaded a clever .rar file which I converted that was going to fix the problem (from pinstack I think) but it didnt work either.

Anyones help would be GREATLY appreciated!
    08-30-09 01:44 PM
    You didn't mention rebooting the PC, did you give that a whirl?
    08-30-09 01:46 PM
    Did you try what chuckthepilot suggested to do first before you smash your storm
    08-30-09 01:49 PM
    Did you try googling "relax, it's just a phone man"?
    08-30-09 01:55 PM
    I know just take it easy everything is going to be alright there be times i feel like that with my storm but i try to stay calm at times
    08-30-09 01:57 PM
    Make sure your phone has mass storage mode enabled. I may be wrong but thatmay solve all your problems. If not sry for the bad information

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-09 02:04 PM
    maybe you just dont have mass storage support enabled on the phone?
    try this...
    click the options icon
    scroll down and click on memory
    the top set of 5 boxes is what you will be looking at
    media card support - on
    encryption mode - your call on this one
    MTP - on
    MSMS -on
    auto enable when connected - yes
    press the BB key then click close
    you wil be prompted to save
    do so
    hopefully this helps
    08-30-09 02:05 PM
    yup yup. just as the others suggested. make sure Mass Storage in Options--->Memory is set to on & Auto Enable is set to yes. not prompt, rare instance pc wont pick up that setting.

restart pc.
    pull battery from storm
    plug in storm to pc
    then put battery into storm

if this doesn't work, hopefully one of the CB geniuses/addicts have better suggestions
    08-30-09 02:09 PM
    I found it easier to pull the card from my phone and insert it directly to the comp (via an adapter). Then run the program and direct it to copy straight to the card. Reinsert card and you should br good. For me - this was by far the easiest way to transfer music, movies, ringtones, etc. with third party programs to my phone.
    BTW - I use DVDto GO
    08-30-09 02:25 PM
    I found it easier to pull the card from my phone and insert it directly to the comp (via an adapter). Then run the program and direct it to copy straight to the card. Reinsert card and you should br good. For me - this was by far the easiest way to transfer music, movies, ringtones, etc. with third party programs to my phone.
    BTW - I use DVDto GO
    yeah but why go to that trouble when you can change the settings once and theyll be there forever and all you have to do from that point is plug the phone in? the phone is an SD adaptor itself. sorry, dont mean to step on your toes or anything but its just counter-productive to needlessly pull the memory card every time you want to add something to it.
    08-30-09 02:30 PM
    try to de-activate pc's firewall..
    08-30-09 02:58 PM
    STOP! Dont smash it. Send it to me!

srsly though, just calm down and we shall figure this out. What operating system are you using on your computer? Some issues have been found from Vista and 7.

Heres a link to the fix

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/wind...dinian-195757/
    08-30-09 03:13 PM
    try to de-activate pc's firewall..
    Its amazing how many times Ive had to do that in order to get something to work. Then after your done just turn it back on.
    08-30-09 03:14 PM
    Mass Storage mode NEEDS to be on first of all. Second restart your computer. This normally fixes this issue. I have been in your shoes a few times.
    08-30-09 03:22 PM
    Roar! Berto46 Smash!
    08-30-09 03:25 PM
    Thanks all for the replies.

I have all the settings above turned ON as this what the other forums pointed me to first.

Paulwright, I am operating VISTA on my PC, im at work at the minute so will follow the links instructions when I get home. Thanks.

Azsh, my firewall is turned off as I thought that this might interfere with "seeing" the device being plugged in.

Other than that, im still at a loss (apart from paulwrights suggestion).

My PC makes the noise when I plug in the USB cable with the phone but doesnt come up with the options as it does when I plug in my camera (open file, save pics to windows etc etc)
    08-30-09 04:02 PM
    let us know how it goes and what fixes it.
    08-30-09 04:08 PM
    Morning all, I have now done all the advice above, followed the link (from PaulWright) which told me to change a few settings in the registry etc. I have even turned off my firewall but still I cant see my media card showing when I click on "My Computer"

I didnt think it would be this hard just to put movies and music on my phone.

Im still very much in need of further advice, anyone else got any suggestions?

Many thanks

PS. My media storage in "option" are all on.
    08-31-09 08:54 AM
    08-31-09 09:05 AM
    What OS do you have running on your phone? I know that I'm having a fairly similar issue where I can only see my device memory and not the SD card but i'm running the BETA 5.0.0.191 and this is a known issue
    08-31-09 09:19 AM
    Oh, Damn!! I thought you wanted help smashing your storm. Guess I misunderstood your title.

In any case, try this. I have a feeling this is your problem, as it happens on all our work computers when we attach a drive for the first time.

1) right-click on "my computer"
    2) click on "manage"
    3) on the left pane, click on "disk management"
    4) on the bottom-right pane you will see all the drives currently connected your computer.
    5) click on the one that represents your BB. It's likely one that has a drive letter assigned to another drive, so ignore nothing. Disk capacity will help you identify the drives.
    6) Right-click on the drive that represents your BB and select "change drive letter and paths"
    7) Select a drive letter that you are confident is not in use already.
    8) when you hit the final "okay," the autoplay window should pop up and you should be in business.

notes:

a) the BB has two drives (microSD and onboard), so you may have to reassign two drive letters.
    b) These steps may or may not work, but I'm pretty confident that they will. You've already stated that you're up to drive letter G telling me you have multiple drives installed or use multiple flash drives. you hear the USB connect beeps and everything else seems to be in place. For whatever reason, (I think) your BB driveletters are laying right on top of other existing drives and that's why they're not being recognized.
    c) I don't use Vista regularly, so some of the steps I mentioned may not be precise... but you should be able to follow along okay.
    d) This is an easy check/fix. If I were you, I would try this solution before going through more extreme and painstaking steps.

I hope that helps. If not, let me know if you still need help smashing your storm.
    Last edited by bobaloo; 08-31-09 at 09:34 AM.
    08-31-09 09:27 AM
    I had the same problem. Nothing work. After being on the phone for 4 hours with verizon, Verizon customer service, Verizon Blackberry Technical Support and Finally with Blackberry Technical Support troubleshoot, Blackberry authorized to send me a new storm.
    It might be the phone.
    08-31-09 11:13 AM
    Many thanks PK, this was the first thing I did once I realised my problem but unfortunately didnt work. I read the whole thread and even registered to get the linked file. It seemed to work for so many other people but a few and I was one of the few!!
    08-31-09 11:33 AM
    Scattaman, im running Vista 32 bit if this means anything!??
    08-31-09 11:34 AM
    Bobaloo, just tried what you suggested but only brings up my "C" and "D" drive and 2 "simple drives" and not the "J" drive im expecting.
    08-31-09 11:35 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD